Anyone ever go back.....

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fender66

Reaction score
You know...to the beginning...when this forum first started....and read some of those posts?

I've been enjoying them lately.

Jim...care to share a story on the birth of TinBoats? You know...tell us how it came to be and maybe a little about how fast (or slow) it caught on. Do you remember your first post to the forum?

I like a good story and bet others might like to hear this too.

(sorry if I'm putting you on the spot) :mrgreen:

I started the site about 4 years ago so us Tin owners could have a site we could call our own. We get no respect :LOL2:

But if you think about it, I bet there are more aluminum boats out there than any other kind. I purchased my G3 pro team 165 and had no place to go ask questions really except for iboats and the bass boat sites. I figured why not start our own.

So glad I did. This site has been a wealth of info for me and lots of guys and gals who want to fix their boats a little to make them more comfortable and functional.

The big companies need to realize that they need to cater to the common guy like you and me who don't have 50k to spend on a nice glass boat.

I hope that this site has 50,000+ members one day and it stays as friendly and helpful to all as it is now.

You guys are like an extended family now...sounds corny, but I think I know more about some of you guys than I do my own friends that live in the same area..........

fender...if you happen on one or two that deserve a resurrection, bring em on!

Feels like I could just go back to my first post on my unfinished boat :oops:

Jim, thanks for getting the site started and maintaining it for us. Thanks for the info on how it got started, I had wondered just never asked.

Thanks Chris for bringing it up and Thanks Jim for starting the site. There are a lot of nice helpful people here. I look at those nice expensive boats when I go in Bass Pro...they sure are pretty but I can't afford that. I am very happy with my bare bones Tracker 1648 even if I can't afford an outboard for it yet. I like that I can customize it the way I want for less than those expensive boats and I really appreciate that there is a place where I can ask questions and get help -- because I sure as heck don't know what I am doing. I just want to have a nice boat to go fishing in and with everyone's advice here I know I can have that.

Great job putting the site together Jim =D> This is the most friendly forum I have ever been on. I am a member of a few other forums that are almost unreadable because of the venom. Again, great job and thank you

bearsphan3.14 said:
Great job putting the site together Jim =D> This is the most friendly forum I have ever been on. I am a member of a few other forums that are almost unreadable because of the venom. Again, great job and thank you

Amen to all the above. I have yet to find a question I've had about anything even vaguely related to tin boats or motors that hasn't been asked by someone previously here. There's a wealth of information here and, yes, the civility of responders, even to seemingly stupid questions asked by me, is remarkable. What a wonderful site!

I dread reading my early posts - but hey, i once was Tin Boats Angler of the year - before I met BassAddict, Popeye and Fishcop of course :mrgreen:

Here's something that might be fun.....the following quote was one of, if not the FIRST post by one of our famous regulars here on TB. Can you guess who said this? Bet you won't be surprised when you hear the answer.

Looks like the new place to be - so here I am.

DamPeoples gave me the heads up on this place, so I thought i would help you get things moving.

Now, were is that free beer?

No prize for getting it correct, other than applause of course. =D> =D> =D> :mrgreen: Have fun.

Yep, it was a great idea there Jim, Im glad you invited me when ya did, cause I wasn't finishing my boat very well untill I got here and read some ideas to move me along and questions answered too.

Well done on the idea man =D>

Here's another.....

Who is this goofy guy with the great catch? :mrgreen:

Attachments

• Screen shot 2010-11-23 at 9.00.10 AM.png
    Screen shot 2010-11-23 at 9.00.10 AM.png
    460.5 KB · Views: 454