Thanksgiving Traditions

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fender66

Reaction score
Do you have a favorite thanksgiving tradition? Care to share it with us?

For the last 20+ years, my wife's family always congregates at her Aunt and Uncle's house in the middle of what I call "CORNFIELD Illinois". They have no phone signal, no internet, 2 channels on their TV, acres and acres of woods to wander through, and of course enough food to feed an army! We usually cook 3 large turkeys, a big ham and all the fixins. I usually gain about 10 lbs over 4 days. One night we have a fish fry and invite what seems to be the whole **** neighborhood (which means all the people in the surrounding "cornfield houses"...usually around 6 more people. All total, the house is filled with about 20 people night and day the whole weekend.

This year, if the weather holds.....I'll get to go walleye fishing on Friday for the first time ever. I'm pulling my boat and hoping for the best, keeping my fingers crossed.

To all TinBoaters.......I pray that you all have a Blessed and safe Thanksgiving.

Well every other year all the kids come over, the married ones, have to do the split thing ya know (inlaws). We call it the share year we have a morning brunch and we serve every ones favorite morning dish. Lots of fun. The ones that can stay do, or go home and take a brake. Then the ones that can come back for dinner do. Probably the only bad thing about Thanks Giving is for some reason the Detroit Lions seem to play every time. I guess that's where the giving comes in. Some one is always giving them a beating. :LOL2:

Usually pretty quiet at our place, wife will do up a bird, a couple friends are coming over, and best of all, it's the Pat's turn to beat up on the Lions this year.

fender66 said:
Do you have a favorite thanksgiving tradition? Care to share it with us?

For the last 20+ years, my wife's family always congregates at her Aunt and Uncle's house in the middle of what I call "CORNFIELD Illinois". They have no phone signal, no internet, 2 channels on their TV, acres and acres of woods to wander through, and of course enough food to feed an army! We usually cook 3 large turkeys, a big ham and all the fixins. I usually gain about 10 lbs over 4 days. One night we have a fish fry and invite what seems to be the whole **** neighborhood (which means all the people in the surrounding "cornfield houses"...usually around 6 more people. All total, the house is filled with about 20 people night and day the whole weekend.

This year, if the weather holds.....I'll get to go walleye fishing on Friday for the first time ever. I'm pulling my boat and hoping for the best, keeping my fingers crossed.

To all TinBoaters.......I pray that you all have a Blessed and safe Thanksgiving.

Sounds great. Do I have enough time to make it from Knoxville to your place for the Thanksgiving meal?

My wife is telling me my routine for tomorrow as "I type this.

Im getting up, going to teh store to get the paper, for the Black Friday ads, a cup of coffee, and maybe some tin foil.

Kids are departing for thier in-laws around 10:00am.

Wife will throw Tom in the oven and spend the afternoon cooking. Ill be outside hanging Christmas lights, Saturday is the Festival of Lights Parade. Kind of a big deal, draws several hundred thousand every year. https://www.cityofeastpeoria.com/index.cfm?pageID=28

Ill watch football while our guest arrive.
Typically its between 20-25 of us.
Blessing and din-din. Watch more football, play games, drink and be merry.

Friday we drag out the Charles Dickens village pieces and set them up in teh Bay window.

Saturday we go cut down a live tree, eat lunch out, set up and decorate the tree, and go to the Festival of Lights Parade around dusk.

Sunday is church, out to breakfast with my wifes aunts and uncles, all 20 of them.

More football and beer.

Happens every year....

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

Hanr3 said:
My wife is telling me my routine for tomorrow as "I type this.

Im getting up, going to teh store to get the paper, for the Black Friday ads, a cup of coffee, and maybe some tin foil.

Kids are departing for thier in-laws around 10:00am.

Wife will throw Tom in the oven and spend the afternoon cooking. Ill be outside hanging Christmas lights, Saturday is the Festival of Lights Parade. Kind of a big deal, draws several hundred thousand every year. https://www.cityofeastpeoria.com/index.cfm?pageID=28

Ill watch football while our guest arrive.
Typically its between 20-25 of us.
Blessing and din-din. Watch more football, play games, drink and be merry.

Friday we drag out the Charles Dickens village pieces and set them up in teh Bay window.

Saturday we go cut down a live tree, eat lunch out, set up and decorate the tree, and go to the Festival of Lights Parade around dusk.

Sunday is church, out to breakfast with my wifes aunts and uncles, all 20 of them.

More football and beer.

Happens every year....

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

WOW, sux to be you, huh? I got involved in watchin' football and eatin'. Gotta be at work 5:30 am

Latest posts