Not for the squemish...

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

perchin

Reaction score
This is what happened to one of our employee's while he was trying to cut back the jacket on some coax...apparantly he should not hold a knife. :roll:

IMG00065-20100202-1320.jpg

IMG00066-20100202-2124.jpg

IMG00070-20100204-1055.jpg

What the heck was he using, an axe? :shock:

How do you slip with enough force to split the thumbnail too?

Quackrstackr said:
What the heck was he using, an axe? :shock:

How do you slip with enough force to split the thumbnail too?

:lol: ... apparently he was holding the coax..(1 7/8" round) in one hand (the one he cut) out in front of him. With the other hand, he was using a box cutter style razor knife. He was holding it so that the sharp side was facing down and was pulling towards himself... I guess...well...he slipped. :shock:

A friend of mine always says... cut towards your buddy and not your body. Man, that pic gives me flash backs of my sticking the wood chisel in my hand. Yeah, that nails history.

No doubt about it, it's going to stick out like a sore thumb.... sorry couldn't help myself.

And I was pissed when I sliced the entire pad off my left thmb cleaning dove birds this year. OUCH! Never seen one go right through the thumb nail like that.

Ya thats bad....hurts just to look at it....I hope he heals fast....thats gonna leave a scar...

Kinda wierd....I can clean a fish and gut a deer no problem but looking at those pictures make my stomach a little queezy..... :?

Outdoorsman...

that there gives me the jitters.... i did something similar when I was 17... I was hold a piece of chorizo (a spanish sausage, similar to a salami) in my hand and wanted to cut it in half to stick in the microwave, heat up, to make a sandwich. I took a knife and tried to cut it half.... slipped in the process and caught my pointer finger on the top joint.... luckiy I missed the ligament, but I did take it to the bone (yes, I could see bone....) went to my uncle (doctor) and he sowed me back up....

I refuse to put anything in that manner, ever, ever, again....

Outdoorsman, Im with you.... I can dissect an animal, gut/fillet fish, and not a tremble in my stomach... that pic above.... it just makes shiver

Latest posts