Three Generations

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Had the pleasure of taking out UWF member & friend Phil Trimble Jr (Phil T), his son Cory (Cooter) & Phil Sr for a Thanksgiving Day morning duck hunt.

Phil Jr & Sr hadn't hunted together in almost (30) thirty years & the (3) three had never been in the blind together.

With just enough hunters in the area to keep the birds moving, we were able to enjoy over an hours worth a quality decoying & shooting.

Cory, whose given name is now "Cooter" , took the right end of the blind which had a small blind spot due to a cattail head.

Then suddenly, out of the corner of my eye, I saw it.

Flying low & fast to the water, a lone bird gliding into our decoys.

I yelled out, "Shoot it Cory!!!"

And then it happened, Cory snapped the gun up to his shoulder & fired off (2) two shots of his trusty 870.

As the bird glided & sat down "safely" in the dekes, it was apparent to the rest of us due to the excessive laughter in the blind that Cory had just pulled up on & missed a big, fat drake Coot.

The lone coot began to bark out @ Cory for shooting @ him & Cory began to cry like a baby looking for his binky.

Not because he shot at & missed the coot, but because he's been hunting for (10) ten seasons & has never shot a mottled duck.

I looked over @ him & said, "Obviously you don't know who you're hunting with. I'm famous & a world renowned duck hunter!!!"

Just then straight out of the north, a pair a mottled swooped into the dekes. Cory again raised his shotgun to his shoulder & fired a single shot & the right bird.

Down dead he went!!!

In the end, we shot (6) six ringers, (2) two mottleds & a snipe.

Congragulations!!!

https://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll171/CaptJeffKraynik/IMG_20101125_090057.jpg