OK: Hunters Drown

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Two Hunters Drown In Delaware County Lake
Posted: Nov 27, 2010 4:20 PM EST

According to an accident report, four people were attempting to cross the lake on a overloaded 10-foot boat to go deer hunting when the vessel began to take on water about 30 yards from the shore.

DELAWARE COUNTY, Oklahoma -- An early morning drowning Saturday took the life of two hunters, including a 15-year-old boy.

It happened at the Eucha Dam Boat Ramp on Lake Eucha in Delaware County just before 6 a.m.

According to an accident report, four people were attempting to cross the lake on a overloaded 10-foot boat to go deer hunting when the vessel began to take on water about 30 yards from the shore.

All four occupants, wearing heavy hunting clothes and boots, jumped into the lake attempting to make it back to shore, the report said.

A Checotah teen, Colyn L.Jones, panicked after jumping into the lake but when 35-year-old Jonathan K. Searles turned back to help they both went under. The other two men made it safely to shore.

Although life jackets were on the boat, none of the four were wearing them, according to the report.

The Oklahoma Highway was assisted by other agencies in their investigation.

https://www.news9.com/Global/story.asp?S=13575074

I know its judgemental to point it out, but - four grown men in a 10 foot boat?
And, life jackets in the boat but nobody was wearing?
Out of three adults, somebody should have had their brain in gear.

lbursell said:
I know its judgemental to point it out, but - four grown men in a 10 foot boat?
And, life jackets in the boat but nobody was wearing?
Out of three adults, somebody should have had their brain in gear.
I hate it for the families and will be praying for them but common sense must be used. It is a shame.

Latest posts