Happy Groundhog Day everyone. What will it be

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Captain Ahab

Reaction score
According to legend, if Punxsutawney Phil sees his shadow, there will be six more weeks of winter weather. If he does not see his shadow, there will be an early spring.

Well it is really cloudy today - Come on Early Spring!

Official site:

https://www.groundhog.org/

Watch Phil live:

https://groundhog.visitpa.com/index.html

You have to love this name:

fullgroup.jpg

If its going to be anything like the last two months I'll take it(especially the weather in Jersey)If not groundhogs taste pretty good :wink:

Here it is:

Phil Says Six More Weeks of Winter!

Phil's official forecast as read 2/2/08 at sunrise at Gobbler's Knob:

Here Ye! Here Ye! Here Ye!

On Gobbler's Knob on this fabolous Groundhog Day, February 2nd, 2008
Punxsutawney Phil, the Seer of Seers, Prognosticator of all Prognosticators,
Rose to the call of President Bill Cooper and greeted his handlers, Ben Hughes and John Griffiths.

After casting a weathered eye toward thousands of his faithful followers,
Phil consulted with President Cooper and directed him to the appropriate scroll, which proclaimed:

"As I look around me, a bright sky I see, and a shadow beside me.
Six more weeks of winter it will be!"

Heck we haven't even had winter. A few cold snaps, but haven't had any snow to speak of in the last 3 years at least. I wouldn't mind a good snow. Heck I would like my kids to sled or even build a snowman once before they go to college! :lol:

Hopefully with winter comes cold weather so the ice stays and get thickerer so it will stay longer adn the ice fishing season will be extended. Yippee cold weather!!! :D :D :lol: :D :D

Ive got one of those **** things livin under my deck. wonder what that little b%*tard will say?

and now i cant find the **** photo

You know what is ironic? Friday morning, I was sitting in the school parking lot, waiting for the doors to open, and a groundhog started wandering across the grass, and eventually, across the parking lot. Now, I didn't detect the irony of this at that time, as I didn't realize Saturday was Groundhog Day, but looking back, that was the funniest thing.

Latest posts