New Maryland Record Bass

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ACarbone624

Reaction score
https://sports.espn.go.com/outdoors/bassmaster/news/story?page=b_bigbass_maryland_record&campaign=rss&source=BASSMASTERHeadlines

Here is the quick facts:

Angler: Justin Riley, Woodbine, Md.

Date: Jan. 26, 2008

Species: Largemouth Bass

Weight: 11.18 pounds

Bait: Bass Pro Shops XPS Lazer Blade (chartreuse and lime)

Rod/Reel: Shimano Curado and medium-heavy Shimano casting rod

Line: 12-pound-test Berkley Big Game

Details: The bass hit at about 16 feet deep on a drop that fell from 11 to 19 feet

Really cool that this was not caught with any super expensive tackle or lure - same stuff most of us use day in and day out.

I think I read somewhere that if BPS accepts a fish from their tank they give the angler a free replica mount. However, I may have just dreamed that up. :lol: Anyway that is an awesome fish!

SWEET :) hes catching fish when most of us wouldnt even think of being out there, gotta give him credit for that and the fact that he broke the ice with his boat(twice), he gets an atta-boy =D>

alumacraftjoe said:
I think I read somewhere that if BPS accepts a fish from their tank they give the angler a free replica mount. However, I may have just dreamed that up. :lol: Anyway that is an awesome fish!
Thats what it says in the catalog.
this fish was caught at/near blue plains from what i hear, which is a warm water discharge, with a deep hole, that is almost always clear as can be, lots of mosters lurking in that area. caught in anglers choice tourny too.

alumacraftjoe said:

I believe I read that in one of their catalogs before.

:shock: Nice! I don't remember catching largemouth close to that as a kid in Maryland! :lol:

I'll be BPS hooked him up, and I'll bet they start moving those blade baits!

Nice catch!

I'm wondering if that's his Skeeter behind him in the pic? With the Bassmaster Classic going to Skeeter for their sponsor, do you think they (Bassmaster & Skeeter) will try to get some mileage out of his catch fishing from said brand?

Waterwings said:
Nice catch!

I'm wondering if that's his Skeeter behind him in the pic? With the Bassmaster Classic going to Skeeter for their sponsor, do you think they (Bassmaster & Skeeter) will try to get some mileage out of his catch fishing from said brand?

I'm sure you will see him and that fish somewhere in the near future in one of their ads.

ACarbone624 said:
Waterwings said:
Nice catch!

I'm sure you will see him and that fish somewhere in the near future in one of their ads.

We can probably count on that happening for certain :)

Latest posts