Christmas Shopping

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fender66

Reaction score
Anyone finish their shopping yet?

Anyone start their shopping yet?

Anyone shop at all?

I've started...but nowhere near finished. I'm NOT waiting til the 23rd or 24th again either! :shock:

mostly done...over the net. But Where I work in Boston, it is a 1 minute walk to the shops. So for my lunch break I will take a walk as the date gets closer to pick up odds and ends for the kids.

Jim said:
mostly done...over the net. But Where I work in Boston, it is a 1 minute walk to the shops. So for my lunch break I will take a walk as the date gets closer to pick up odds and ends for the kids.

Sounds like I need to bring my wife and come visit you sometime Jim. We go fishing....and let the wives go visit where you work and shop. :mrgreen:

My wife handles 99.9% of it and she shops throughout the year for Christmas, tucking away things when she finds them. All I really do is shop for her, and then help her with a few things for the kids....It's great!

I enjoy the Christmas season...All of it!

The busy malls.............
The crowded parking lot............

None of that bothers me. :LOL2:

Yeah, I only have to worry about buying for the wife, she takes care of the rest.

In my younger days me and my buddies would hit TGIFs on the 23rd-24th in the mall and have a few before hand just to ease the pain! That all ended the year I had 1 too many tho and bought mom a karaoke machine #-o (Boy did I pay for that mistake ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL year long). These days amazon.com is where my one stop shopping is done, Every now and then tho I will hit the stores for a quick last minute item but after about 5 minutes I come to the conclusion that Id rather just pay for overnight shipping then be in the stores at holiday time!

God bless the internet. No taxes, free shipping, great prices. This is my first xmas buying all my gifts online and it worked out great. Just going to hit the local market for a handfull of gift cards and some wrapping paper and I am ready. :D

All that I've done so far has been over the net (including for myself :lol: ). My wife and mother did a lot of theirs on Black Friday. They can have that mess.

I do have a few things to pick up that I'll have to actually set foot in a store for. I need to get on that and get it over with.

I finished my wife, just got to finish up for my daughter.... this is the first year we are buying heavy for my daughter (15 months old) and I have been so surprised how darn expensive some of these stupid toys are.... just makes me appreciate everything my parents did for me growing up..... =D>

In October my wife and I talk about what were going to get each kid, and how much were going to spend. Black Friday she buys, I stay home. She buys until the day before. I only go out shopping for her. Usually the weekend prior to Christmas. Stop by a bar eat dinner, and have a brewski. Then its shopping I go. repeat on Saturday and Sunday nights as well.

LOL, we have a rule. I get the guys and she gets the girls. Only exception is my wife. I hit BPS thanksgiving morning and 80% of mine is done. This year dad is getting the KVD baitcaster that was on sale, father in law gets a trail cam, nephew getting nerf bow and camo. God bless BPS!

brmurray said:
LOL, we have a rule. I get the guys and she gets the girls. Only exception is my wife. I hit BPS thanksgiving morning and 80% of mine is done. This year dad is getting the KVD baitcaster that was on sale, father in law gets a trail cam, nephew getting nerf bow and camo. God bless BPS!

Are you getting your wife something from BPS as well? If so, wear protective clothing

About 90% done. The wife and I circumvent the hated "retail side" of Christmas by making and giving handmade gifts. She still has some projects to finish up (quilt for her parents, a purse for her friend, etc.) as do I (some woodcrafts and such), but the end is near. I still have to get something for her, but I'm stumped this year. :shock:

azekologi said:
About 90% done. The wife and I circumvent the hated "retail side" of Christmas by making and giving handmade gifts. She still has some projects to finish up (quilt for her parents, a purse for her friend, etc.) as do I (some woodcrafts and such), but the end is near. I still have to get something for her, but I'm stumped this year. :shock:

That is awesome - do you make wooden lures ever?

Captain Ahab said:
brmurray said:

Are you getting your wife something from BPS as well? If so, wear protective clothing

got her something as a joke, but she is getting a Blackberry Torch. Therefor mama's happy and daddy's happy! :lol:

I got my wife the "This is my crappie t-shirt" from BPS on Thanksgiving...hoping she shares the enthusiasm. I'm going to start in on it a bit more in the next week, but she handles most of the shopping, so my shopping is just finishing work.

Latest posts