Any SEC fans on here?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bassboy1

TinBoats Sponsor
Reaction score
Entire season has gone past, and nay a word has been spoken about SEC football. #-o
None of the other Southeastern folks on here watch football? (I don't blame those of y'all up in the rest of the country, given the "football" you have up there :roflmao: )

After winning the SEC Championship today, and clinching a spot in the BCS National Championship game, all I can say is WAR EAGLE, and watch out Oregon!!!

Been quite awhile since we've had a season to brag about - been pretty pitiful since 2004.

Attachments

• AU.jpg
    AU.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 722
Yep.... although I favor the DAWGS, I'll pull for the SEC any time the puppies don't get to play.

It's been fun watching Cam this year. I'm guessing the world (those who watch TV at least) will be seeing much more of him in the near future both on and off the field.

does anyone really think that Cam didnt know his dad was pimping him out???
I wouldnt be suprised to see him DQ'D in the future Making the tigers the best 0 and 12 team in history

redbug said:
I wouldnt be suprised to see him DQ'D in the future Making the tigers the best 0 and 12 team in history

What evidence do you have that he knew?????? Until there is any evidence that he did, you can say he did but without real evidence it is all just your opinion that he knew. And everyone has an opinion but that does mean that theirs is true. It's suppose to be, innocent until proven guilty, not the other way around. Even though I am an Auburn fan, I wasn't planning on posting anything about them or even responding to this thread that bassboy1 started cause Auburn hasn't been in this position in a while and the time to brag is when they have won the Nat'l Championship.Then you can brag about beating everybody. But when cheap shots are taken, I'll jump in everytime!!!!!! There's alot of Auburn haters and alot of Cam haters out there. The way I see it, just alot of jeoulousy. If you aren't, it sure sounds like it.

WAR CAM EAGLE!!!!!!!!!!

nothing cheap at all they beat all the competition and he is a fantastic player and SHOULD win the heisman.
all i am saying is that I doubt that he was kept on the dark about it just a hunch.
I wish the team well and hope it is a good game.
I always like to see the top 2 teams play for it all

Cheap shots? redbug just asked if anyone thought cam didn't know. While it's possible either way whether he knew or not isn't all that important right now. However I bet the ncaa makes some rule adjustments because it is almost impossible to prove what someone knows. Either way it def ticked me off when I heard about because two weeks into the season I had picked him to take home the hiseman, and he still might. Do I think he knew, heck I dont know, but he wouldn't be the first and wont be the last. That being said im hopping for a draw in the bsc championship I dont really like either teams, or conferences. Can we get a playoff!

I can say I was rooting for Auburn yesterday and they performed awesome. And will still be rooting for them for the BCS Champs.

Just hope my Vol's can do better next year that they seem to maybe have abit of a roll going with the last part of their regular season. :D Just lucky they manage to sneak into a bowl game, so anxious to see how that turns out.

lswoody said:
redbug said:

What evidence do you have that he knew?????? Until there is any evidence that he did, you can say he did but without real evidence it is all just your opinion that he knew. And everyone has an opinion but that does mean that theirs is true. It's suppose to be, innocent until proven guilty, not the other way around. Even though I am an Auburn fan, I wasn't planning on posting anything about them or even responding to this thread that bassboy1 started cause Auburn hasn't been in this position in a while and the time to brag is when they have won the Nat'l Championship.Then you can brag about beating everybody. But when cheap shots are taken, I'll jump in everytime!!!!!! There's alot of Auburn haters and alot of Cam haters out there. The way I see it, just alot of jeoulousy. If you aren't, it sure sounds like it.

WAR CAM EAGLE!!!!!!!!!!

Cam Newton is the best player at his position in football. Auburn is a great team with him under center. However, the problem that the NCAA has created is this. On record, reggie Bush stated he did not know that his mother was given a house by a booster. What evidence was there to the contrary? AJ Green stated he did not know that the Jersey he was asked to sell was going to a agent. He was suspended by UGA and NCAA supported it. He stated he did not know. Cam Newton stated he did not know about his fathers activity. That is somewhat unbelievable to me but so be it. Historically parents actions have affected their childs status. Why did they change their methodology this time. The conspiratist in me states ratings. NCAA had rather see Cam and the boys play the ducks vs someone like TCU. They have created a pandoras box that they will have to deal with as they are getting grief from USC right now. I hope for the SEC they do not overturn their decision, but I still think they will after the season and Championship is done. We will see. But one thing for sure, Cam Newton is a beast, he creates the ultimate mismatch in football. He would get my vote for the Heisman!

The way I understand it, the difference between Newton and Reggie Bush was that in Bush's case, the money (or house, rather) did change hands. Same with Greene's jersey. In Newton's case, it was only discussed.

All the allegations, it seems, pointed to money being solicited from Mississippi State, not Auburn, causing him to be ineligible at Mississippi St, not Auburn. As long as no one from Auburn was aware of this (notified by legal sources), he was not ineligible at Auburn, until last Monday, when the NCAA finished the investigation, at which point Auburn was notified by a legal source. He was then reinstated the next day. Since Auburn didn't play any games during the week last week, when he was ineligible, Auburn is not at fault.

As far as I know, the only way the crap could hit the fan for Auburn is if it is later found out that Auburn either payed, or discussed payment. Since they found nothing along those lines, and there aren't even allegations saying Auburn did that, I'm betting it either didn't happen, or was swept far enough under the rug that it isn't going to come out in our lifetimes.

The media was ALL OVER this story when it looked like he was about to be in trouble, but funny thing is, nothing much has been said about his being ruled eligible. Little side story on the ESPN site, vs. the front page stories when it looked like he was in trouble.
Here's the link to the NCAA story.
https://www.ncaa.org/wps/wcm/connec...mber/ncaa+addresses+eligibility+of+cam+newton

Even though I am an Auburn fan, I wasn't planning on posting anything about them or even responding to this thread that bassboy1 started cause Auburn hasn't been in this position in a while and the time to brag is when they have won the Nat'l Championship.
I do agree with that, but this board has been eerily quiet through an entire football season. Someone had to get the ball rolling at some point.

I can say I was rooting for Auburn yesterday and they performed awesome.
I've watched every single game this season, and watched many USCe games too, and I've got to say, I never would have put us winning by that margin. It was the first game we actually played all 4 quarters. :lol:

bassboy1 said:
I don't blame those of y'all up in the rest of the country, given the "football" you have up there

You mean the kick your teeth in and "date" your mom, smash-mouth football of the big ten? You skinny little punks got nothing on the corn-fed real MEN up here. 8)

actually Bassboy, the way it works if I am correct is that is misconduct occured that made him ineligible, then he would be ineligible at Auburn from the first game. Does not matter if Auburn had knowledge or not. And correct, the 2 examples I gave, currency or goods did change hands. The issue at hand in Cam's case would be recruitment was based on payment on behalf of his dad. And in that case, his dad would be acting as his agent and that is a direct violation of NCAA rules making him ineligible for the remainder of his collegiate career. Same reason Lebron James had to sit out his Senior year in HS. He was ineligible to play HS ball because he was repsented by a agent and thereby was no longer considered a ametur athlete. At least this is my understanding.

brmurray said:
actually Bassboy, the way it works if I am correct is that is misconduct occured that made him ineligible, then he would be ineligible at Auburn from the first game. Does not matter if Auburn had knowledge or not.

Read again the link in my previous post, which is a direct link to the NCAA website. I think that is probably as straight from the horses mouth as we can get.