I got this for myself for my 60th bday

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobberboy

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
The last time I sat behind a drum kit I was 15. I've waited 45 years to do it again. God help me and the neighbors! My partner T actually encouraged me to get them but I have a feeling she'll be regretting that sooner rather than later. I plan to build a "bomb shelter" in the basement to try to keep the noise down and have already invested in a set of silencers that reduce the volume by about 90%. I can't imagine what's got into me but here they are...

The drums are by Gretsch and are pretty sweet. I scored off CL (again) and paid less than half of new - I've been looking for ages. They are in near perfect condition. As you can see they're wrapped in a silver sparkle finish. They remind me of the really beautiful Ludwig drum sets of the 60's that came in a finish called champagne sparkle. The girl I bought them from had dreams of being a R&R star but they were short-lived. I have no such dreams and therefore will have no such disappointments. There's no telling what guys my age will do. BTW, a friend at work clued me in that if I see T carrying a handgun I should probably give them up. Let's hope it doesn't come to that.

P1012521.jpg

P1012533.jpg

P1012530.jpg

Sweet =D>

I have a set in my basement that have been collecting dust for 20 years. Also have two guitars (1 - electric, 1- acoustic) which haven't left their cases in 4-5 years. Hopefully, you'll get back into music and find someone to play/sing along with you in the basement.....

looks like you will be having some fun..
I lived next door to a drummer growing up and all I can say is this is another reason for me not to move to Minn.
enjoy your new toys and happy birthday

We all have to relax somehow, and unfortunately we can't fish 24/7. I play music (guitar, keys, bass) at least an hour or two every night just to keep some sort of sanity. Do I feel a TinBoats Jam in the making???

Oh...and happy birthday. Hope it was a great one!

Hey bobberboy that is great! I got a new set of Sonor drums for my birthday last March after being away from playing for about 10 years. Fortunately I have a tolerent wife and neighbors. Happy Birthday and ENJOY! =D>

Latest posts