Anyone here have a FORD? Another Recall!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ACarbone624

Reaction score
https://www.ford.com/dynamic/metatags/article-detail/223_important_notice_voluntary_recall_update

EDIT: Here is another article....

The Ford Motor Co. has concluded that the recall to prevent a faulty cruise control system from erupting in flames is ineffective in almost 225,000 of the almost 11 million Ford vehicles recalled because of a fire hazard since 1999.

As a result, Ford is issuing a second recall for the almost 225,000 vehicles that were previously recalled for a faulty cruise control system that might fail and cause the vehicle to burn even when parked and turned off.

Ford vehicles covered by the new recall include the gasoline-powered 1992 to 2003 Econoline, 1992 to 1998 Crown Victoria/Grand Marquis, 1993 Bronco, 1995 to 1997 F series pick up, 1993 F series pick up, the 1993 to 1995 Taurus SHO and the 1992 to 1995 Town Car.

The vehicles now recalled for a second time were part of the massive and often confusing Ford recalls since 1999 because of the faulty cruise system which failed and Ford vehicles and consumer homes ablaze.

Ford initially repaired the vehicles by installing a wiring harness around the cruise control switch. The automaker has now concluded the harness does not function properly in roughly 225,000 vehicles. The wiring harness installed on the eight models built between 1992 and 2003 is not compatible with the vehicle electrical system.

The harnesses Ford thought would alleviate the fire danger apparently contain an improperly placed fuse which does not offer sufficient protection if there is an electrical short circuit.

Ford plans to delay notification for vehicle owners until formally reporting the recall failure to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) as well as providing Ford dealers with accurate service repair information.

In the meantime, Ford has continued to advise owners to have a dealer disconnect the cruise control system.

Yeah, I have a 95 F150. My first recall was taken care of. I'll be waiting for the next notice. Hopefully they will get it right this time!

Lets not turn this into a This is better than that thread....Go over to Bashboatcentral.......... I mean bassboatcentral for that.

But I did go through that site and did notice that Toyota Tacoma conssistently had the shorter recall list. :wink:

My work truck is a 05 ford 350xl extended cab I was looking for a new truck and would have been able to get a ford at a great price (my company is a ford partner) but after driving it for a few weeks I could not stand the thing. now reading about the recall I am glad I went with my tundra I would have added all the bells and whistles to the ford.

Wayne

I have to add my complaint list to this
2005 f-450 cab & chassis, currently has 84,000 miles
10 fuel injectors
2 fuel pumps
2 high preasure oil pumps
1 computer (yes, the whole **** computer controling the engine failed)
1 fuel tank
42 days in 1 1/2 years without a truck to work in
$20,000 in lost work

My last ford had OVER 500,000 miles on it in 10 years, do you think this one will lsat that long???

I'm almost thinking I would rather chance a fire because of cruise control (and have it be covered by a recall) than have to deal with the crappy intermediate steering shaft problem that GM is just trying to ignore (and make its customers pay for repairs after warranty).

Jim said:
Lets not turn this into a This is better than that thread....Go over to Bashboatcentral.......... I mean bassboatcentral for that.

But I did go through that site and did notice that Toyota Tacoma conssistently had the shorter recall list. :wink:

Toyota? I said I needed a truck.

I am not going to comment further, as you said not to turn it into a ford vs chevy debate.