Winter Wonderland

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobberboy

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
As storms go, I've seen much worse when I lived in North Dakota where they can be really dangerous. That doesn't take away from the fact that yesterday's storm here in Minnesota was a pain. It was a big enough one to collapse the inflatable roof of our beloved Metrodome (where the Vikings play - yes, I know - save your boos and hisses for someone who cares). I did spend 2 1/2 hours this morning digging out my and my neighbor's walks and drive. The snow was 2 to 3 times higher than my snow blower so it was a little more like excavation than actually just blowing the snow. Anyway, I've been thinking about the phrase "winter wonderland" and the only conclusion I can draw is what it really was intended to mean was "I wonder why the hell I live here". A good question that, and one I'm afraid will go unanswered...again.

Down here in il, it was mainly rain yesterday but today its been windy cold and snow with near white out most of the day. This stuff doesn't usually happen till january!

it was a good thing no one got hurt when that dome came down.

the storm is still blowing thru my erea, my electric went out for a mintue or two :roll:

don't wanna another ice storm, correct WaterWings #-o

Here in Knox.,TN we have about 1/4" but has ice under it.
Spent about 2 hours on top of the hill watiching car slip an slide.
In the morning will be fun

FishingBuds said:
...the storm is still blowing thru my erea, my electric went out for a mintue or two :roll:

don't wanna another ice storm, correct WaterWings #-o

Been real nasty here also today, and the wind is still clipping around 25mph, temp of 21 degrees.

Absolutely do not need another ice storm. Forecast for Wednesday is freezing rain, and rain/snow mix on Thursday. Seems like it hit kinda early this year. I've had my share of cold weather now.

I dont mind the snow, The kids love it and I get to work from home. :D

What I HATE is the Icy rain. My mother fell down the front steps yesterday. She is hurting big time time today. She is alright except very sore today.

looking at my weather station that reads a balmy 21 with windgusts in the 20=28mph range. To cold for GA in my opinion.

Up at 4 this morning, 54 degrees, 60 mph wind, drivin' rain, no power, big spruce down on the line, just room to drive under it, so I made it to work.

I spent 8 hours plowing snow last night, got in at 3:30am, showered, shaved and managed about 1hr of sleep before I had to get up and go to work today. High today was 11 degrees minus windchill.

Officially we got 3" of snow, however with the blowing I was plowing through 2' drifts around buildings.

Tomorrow its supposed to be colder. Sounds to me like ice fishing season will start earlier this year. =D>

Latest posts