Got a new project boat today for a song...

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pharaoh2

Reaction score
$50! I couldn't say no. :shock:

Newpics_0284.jpg

Newpics_0285.jpg

That's what I figured. I looked at one of these at Bass Pro last summer and a 10 foot ran $700. Though I see now that's what they want for a 12. This one measures 11 feet 10 inches and is just shy of a 4 foot beam. I've never driven a jon before,will this thing be fairly stable? I think it would be great to stick in the small trout ponds with my Minn Kota on calm days by myself.

they are pretty stable. id keep a low floor in it like mine as to keep it more stable if you decide to mod it. you can just click in my signature for my build thread

Sweet steal! Even if it leaks it's still a great deal and will make a nice project boat. As for stability....stay low in it and you should be okay. Anything less than 4 foot I would call shaky. Keep us posted on the mods when they start.

Keep your eye on it. My brother and I went in on a $50 10 footer once.

Ten years later it got stolen. :lol:

That is almost exactly what I have (my seats extend all the way to the floor). It's pretty stable when it is just me, I am 6-0, 165 (I usually stand on the seat). But when I have another adult in the boat it's a touch shaky, sitting down is better. I load it in the back of the truck and roll, light enough to get about anywhere. Great score =D>

A better deal then I first thought! When I first saw the boat it was upside down and covered in ice covered by snow. (f#@!$%%^ winter) I picked it up and got it home in the dark. It's dark when I leave in the morning and dark when I get home (f$#!@!#$ winter) so haven't been able to make much of it. But, I just went outside for a smoke and took my flashlight, it's got an all welded hull! :shock:

So it begins. I bought a gallon of aircraft grade paint stripper today. Tommorow I hit it with a 2000 psi pressure washer. :?

You soaked it down with stripper and then power washed it off?
Or was there an interim scraping step?

Latest posts