I feel for you northerners.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flatsdaddy

Reaction score
We are visiting the inlaws in NC. It's freezing. There is snow and ice everywhere. There are cars in the ditches. Our car has been in the ditch. We can't really get out.

WE MAY GET SNOWED IN WITH THE INLAWS IF THIS STUFF DOESN'T MELT SOON!!!!

I feel bad for the folks who have to deal with this stuff regularly. Especially if you have ever been snowed in with your (or my) inlaws.

I want to go back to Florida. I think I prefer hurricanes.

I can't speak for you and your in-laws in this matter, but yes, it has to be better to be in Florida. As for you feeling sorry for us Northerners, you don't feel half as sorry for us as we do for ourselves. Man, this is no way to live...

BTW, I guess you all from the South probably aren't too familiar with ice houses. I'll try to find some of the best and most outrageous and post some pics. Bars, flat screen for the game w/satellite dish, bunk beds and you name it. Some are just this close to needing a building permit...

It's been cold in OK for a while. A lot of 20 degree mornings.

None of the fluffy stuff though. :cry:

I am officially stir crazy. I've been out chipping ice off the driveway in the freezing rain. I'm about to go cut firewood.

I may perform some minor elective surgery on myself later.

Ok..I kinda understand your feelings but speaking for myself, I enjoy the change in the seasons as well as the cold and snow...being born and raised in Wisconsin I am used to both summer and winter extremes...

I enjoy taking advantage of most outside winter sports as well as just a walk on a cold winter day. The advantages of living in a winter climate are to numerous to mention compared to not likeing the cold and getting stuck in the snow. A decent 4 wheel drive vehicle with carefull experianced driving solves the getting stuck problem and dressing accordingly solves the not liking the cold issue.

I find it a bit confusing as to people who live in winter climates not likeing it but yet continue to choose to live there...(?) I realixe that actually moving to another far away location is not always possible but if given a chance, winter climates are very rewarding....

Outdoorsman.

But then again.. I suppose there are extremes that would be considered EXTREME.....

https://www.bing.com/videos/watch/video/norway-ice-hotel/a1827aea77c6067517f2a1827aea77c6067517f2-277313357157?q=Ice+Hotel&FORM=VIRE3

Outdoorsman.

Outdoorsman said:
Ok..I kinda understand your feelings but speaking for myself, I enjoy the change in the seasons as well as the cold and snow...being born and raised in Wisconsin I am used to both summer and winter extremes...

I enjoy taking advantage of most outside winter sports as well as just a walk on a cold winter day. The advantages of living in a winter climate are to numerous to mention compared to not likeing the cold and getting stuck in the snow. A decent 4 wheel drive vehicle with carefull experianced driving solves the getting stuck problem and dressing accordingly solves the not liking the cold issue.

I find it a bit confusing as to people who live in winter climates not likeing it but yet continue to choose to live there...(?) I realixe that actually moving to another far away location is not always possible but if given a chance, winter climates are very rewarding....

Outdoorsman.

You haven't met my inlaws.

Flatsdaddy said:
I am officially stir crazy. I've been out chipping ice off the driveway in the freezing rain. I'm about to go cut firewood.

I may perform some minor elective surgery on myself later.

Anything to get away from the in laws?

Actually my ladys mother and relatives are located in nothern Wisconsin and I am in S.E. Wisconsin. "Up North" has much better fishing, hunting, bigger woods, etc... and I am wlecome anytime.... No complaints....I am very fortunate to have the opportunity they provide... When I can find the time to be there, we usually spend more time on the water and in the woods than in the house....

Outdoorsman

Oh.....my father in law was great too....however, he's gone to the great fishing lake with our Savior. He's catching the biggest and best fish ever, I'm sure! It's the sister and brother in laws that I can't take. Somewhere they got the idea that they are in charge and everything should be given to them. I must have missed that memo. But....I digress.

Partially why i love living and growing up in Southern California... although I have to admit, its an arm and a leg to get a house here..

Im right there with Outdoorsman.

I love winter and everything that goes with it. I spent 12 hours today plowing snow.

You obviously havent seen my winter camping pic yet. There aren't any in-laws that like to camp. :mrgreen:

Latest posts