Year in Review

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

schlifawitz

Reaction score
Thought it would be a good time of year for everyone to post about experiences they had this past year. Cabin fever is starting to set, this is my way of coping :lol:

So here is my year...

I'm a sophomore at Kent State University, and last year, me and a bunch of redneck buddies got together and started a bass fishing team. We fished a lot of grass rooted electric only tornys, as well as a few big boat events, including the FLW college series. What a great group of guys, and an amazing experience. Many more to come. We got a few sponsors, big and small, and are always looking for other partnerships. We like the ones with small businesses because they are looking to get their names out, and we get quality products for great prices. So if anyone out there is interested.... [-o<

This is our first team picture, in front of our first official sponsors store. He hooked us up with great deals. Oh and don't them shirts look sweet!! Anything we wanted for 35% off. This was great! Unfortunately on the way, I bought a rod and reel for the state of Ohio with my speeding ticket... [-X
041.jpg

This next picture is from our first club tournament and these are two of my teammates shoving off in their BRAND NEW tin. Beautiful boat.
006.jpg

And this is was early spring. First fish on a fly rod. Had no idea what I was doing, just swung that thing like a mad man. Picked it up pretty quick though!
0312001609.jpg

This one here is one of my favorites. I took my 3 year old niece fishing at a lake near by. we were fishig from the dock. She couldn't cast she just liked to "twist the stick" or turn the handle. I casted for her and turned away to talk to some one. She was dragging a jig on the bottom. All of a sudden I heard her scream and she dropped the rod and I watched it slowly start sliding to the edge of the dock. I grabbed it and set the hook. She got plenty of twisting in, fought in a nice 3 lb largemouth. She walked around camp the rest of the day singing, "Riley catch a feesh"
1016090930a.jpg

This next one was the day before my first FLW college tournament in Mt. holly NC. My partner and I went down to Lake Norman, only a 10 min drive from the hotel we stayed at, to check out the pro weigh in. When we got there, the host of FLW, Charlie Evans approached us and asked if we would want to do an interview during the pro weigh in about the college fishing circuit. We agreed, and because of it we got to sit and chat with many tour pros for a few hours after, some including Jimmy Houston, and FLW angler of the year, Brian Thrift, who also won this event. Great experience. Unfortunately we goose egged the next day. But it was a blast. definitely something I will remember for the rest of my life.
087.jpg

Next one is my first tournament limit. Caught around 50 fish that day. Many small, but a few decent ones. only weighed 8 lbs that day but never had that much fun catching fish in my life.
100_0078_op_800x600.jpg

These two pictures are of my first experience fishing with a professional. Our teams coach, and tournament directer for one of the largest amateur bass circuits in Ohio. He fished many professional events, and still does occasionally. Fished his "secret spot" on Lake Erie a few miles west of the Cleveland city limits. Fished the same spot for 10 hours and between the two of us, we would have had a 25lb bag if it were a tournament. Fun day, even though we faced 3-5 foot waves the entire day. thank god for Dramamine! The first one is me with my 5.96lb smallie, and the second is Coach with his 5.03lb smallie. Talk about pros vs joes =D>
020.jpg

018.jpg

And now away from the fishing aspect, my buck on the first day of buck season. This kill has a truly moving story, but its pretty long so if anyone wants to hear it i would be glad to tell. Not a bad little buck for Pa.
100_1216.jpg

Alright who's next??? Maybe we can keep this going!

Well after losing interest in fishing I found my love gain this Spring and now I am obsessed more than ever.

I bought and old tin and with the help of this site I turned it into a fishing machine.

BoatFront-1.jpg

Pictures030-1.jpg

Pictures029-1.jpg

IMG_0610-1.jpg

After fishing it on some larger Army Core lakes in Georgia I decided that it was too small, but not before it caught a few fish.

IMG_0622.jpg

IMG_0618.jpg

IMG_0633.jpg

Then I sold my tin (for a profit) and stepped up into this Tracker to fish the bigger lakes.

IMG_0711.jpg

Then I started catching these guys in pin striped suits.

1Striper11-14-2010.jpg

StriperPostman3.jpg

StriperPostman.jpg

IMG_0695.jpg

SAM_0207.jpg

And some of these guys

SAM_0005.jpg

spot.jpg

Some salt water flavor too.

BIGONE.jpg

Trout.jpg

redfish2.jpg

Bigonelongways.jpg

Now I go fishing as much as I can. I cant believe that I gave up on it for so long, but now I have found a way to spend quality time with my friends and family. I love fishing!

Latest posts