WOOOOO!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LonLB

Reaction score
Going to go pick up an old Larson fiberglass boat this week, maybe weekend.

The boat is junk, BUT it has a 65HP 3 cylinder Evinrude on it with controls, and the boat has an aux kicker outboard bracket I'm going to take off it too....

Then scrap the boat, and sell the trailer for whatever I can get out of it.

For the cost of a saw, and sander I never use. :D

Sorry had to tell someone. I told the wife and she just said that looks like a crappy motor. :x

She doesn't see potential in anything. It either has to be new, or already be fixed or restored to look new, or to her it's just old.

I'm going to do the minimum to get it running. Whatever that may be. Check the compression first, and then new plugs, lower unit oil, rebuild the carbs, and then see where I'm at.

If all goes well I'm going to repaint it and add new decals. Also going to convert it to tiller operation.

It's going to go on a Sea Nymph deep V with walk thru consoles. I'm going to re-do the boat too, and convert it to tiller for much more room.

bassboy1 said:
What year is the 'Rude? On some years, your wife might be right....

It's a 73. Not an electric shift lower unit. Has manual shift.

FWIW, I wasn't dead set against an electric shift lower unit. The inconvenience of getting the system working properly if I had problems would have been offset by the convenience of being able to locate the "shifter" any where I would want too.

3cyl OMC's have a pretty good reputation from what I gather.

Latest posts