Christmas Came Early..............

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
Woohoo!

When it rains it pours. :LOL2:

For Christmas I got a brand spankin new 50 gallon gas hot water heater with all the fixins(installation). Being delivered first thing in the morning. Thank goodness my boss asked me to go shooting today. I went downstairs to get my guns from the safe and I noticed a nice huge puddle on the floor. :evil:

Merry Christmas Jim.....I deserve it. #-o :LOL2: :LOL2: :LOL2:

My last water heater electric was $250 for the unit $25 + for new flex lines three hours + two sheets of drywall, new drip pan (first one leaked) and new flooring in the laundry room.Oh dry wall compound paint and dump fee for old unit. I found mine with my socks on.

That sux Jim... Glad you found it when you did, with your shooting irons close to where the water heater is, the dampness could have wrecked havock on them.... To bad I'm not closer, I would hook it up for nothing.

Hot water heaters are funny creatures....something like a cat. They are comforting, calm and warm and no problem at all...out of sight and out of mind... when they are contented and working well. But, they all seem to know exactly when they can create the most attention...weekends, nights, wintertime or special holidays with a houseful of company.

Ouch... Merry Christmas!

I've been waiting on mine to go out for over 2 years now. It's just a matter of time. I have one of those that was manufactured with the faulty dip tube and started getting chunks of plastic in my faucets probably 4 years ago. I need to see if I can find a dip tube and replace it while I'm off for the holidays. It's just one of those things that you don't think about until all 3 of us are trying to get a bath/shower and I'm the one that winds up taking a cold shower. :lol:

At least mine is out in the garage so that if it goes, it won't flood the entire house. I have a friend who's house was on a concrete slab and the heater was in the attic. It ruptured while he and his wife were in Cancun on vacation. They came home to find water rushing out their doors with nearly a foot of water in their house and over half of their ceiling collapsed. :shock:

Sorry to hear that Jim. At least you found it early enough. I just had to replace mine a few weeks ago. Had a high efficiency water heater installed for $200 and a nice bottle of vodka. It is great knowing a plumber!

Jim said:
Captain Ahab said:
Jim said:
Im thinking $1000.

Anyone care to guess? :(

Come on Jim - you can do better then that: Price: $3,799.00

https://www.nextag.com/serv/main/bu...08&search=50+gallon+gas+water+heater&psort=12

Oh my, I would just die. :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick:

For $3,799.00 :-k , I just happen to be over a jam up good maintenance crew. I believe that we could do it for that price even after airfare, motel, car rental, etc. :D :roflmao: For that price we might even be able to convince/bribe Capt. Ahab to come help.

I shut a water heater down today that was leaking.. the guy called in a gas odor because he left the burner on the range open daaaaaaaaaaah
went in the basement and found the leaking water merry christmas
I think the going rate is around $ 350 just for the heaters . check your gas company they may offer a rebate for the new one

Sorry to hear it Jim. Hope it's less than you are guessing. If I were in the neighborhood...I'd come hook it up for you. It pays to be handy like that. Of course...now I've totally jinxed myself and my water heater is going to die on me. I've actually been watching it for about 2+ years waiting for the bottom to fall out. The seams are very corroded and it's only a matter of time. Mine is all electric though so I don't have to deal with the gas. That's a plus for me until the electric bill comes. Both my daughters take showers/baths that take 45 minutes minimum. I need to fix it so that they get about 10 minutes of hot water and then shut them off! :lol:

Best of luck.