A bit of Show and Tell...

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fender66

Reaction score
Hey guys.....wanted to show this off. This year, my daughter, freetofish, and I will start fishing tournaments with a local bass club. I wanted to have a "team name", so I drew this up on the computer. I'm really happy with the end results. I've printed them on t-shirts and given them to each team member as Christmas gifts. We are ready to fish!

Attachments

• TinJetLogo.jpg
    TinJetLogo.jpg
    350.9 KB · Views: 688
dude that is AWESOME!!

How the heck did you draw that on the computer? I've tried doing little stuff and can't even get it to work right

Thanks guys.....

It's not that tough really. Lots of ideas come from clip art, then I build the final piece from those. It's not all original art that I drew, but simply took ideas from and then drew them together, colored, transformed to fit and then it's done. It does help to be a professional photographer that's been using photoshop for nearly 14 years....but not necessary really.

I'm still amazed... I've got Photoshop... and that's about it. I can do stuff with pictures, but I can't do anything like what you are doing.

I wish I could figure out how to turn stuff into vector images so I could get some images on my fishing shirts from G2

Jim said:
did you really draw all that?

Jim,

I copied a lot of ideas from clip art that I found....but had to draw/assemble all those ideas together.

For example:
* The guy in the boat was actually driving a race car (I think). I altered him to be driving a boat and drew in a hand holding a fishing rod/reel
* The boat, I did draw.
* The jets were an idea I took from clip art of a space ship. I redrew them the way I wanted, drew brackets to attach them to the boat, etc..
* The water is a bunch of Photoshop layers and effects to make it look like water. Probably couldn't duplicate that again if I had to. Lots of playing around with that to get it where I liked it.
* After I had it all drawn in black lines....then, I went in a colored and shaded it all to give it depth and shape.
* Add text to size and shape.......DONE.

It's a lot of fun when it works well. This is one of my favorites out of many that I've done (probably because it's about fishing)

Thanks again guys for all the kind words and support.

fender66 said:
Thanks guys.....

It's not that tough really. Lots of ideas come from clip art, then I build the final piece from those. It's not all original art that I drew, but simply took ideas from and then drew them together, colored, transformed to fit and then it's done. It does help to be a professional photographer that's been using photoshop for nearly 14 years....but not necessary really.

Brain surgery isn't so hard if you know what you're doing ;-)

You are definitely a photoshop Yoda. Used to work with a guy that was a photoshop guru and you did not want him pointing his camera at you.

Nice job fender!

What's the green part behind the guy's butt between it and the jet? Looks like it used to be a fin from a fish?

Brine said:
Nice job fender!

What's the green part behind the guy's butt between it and the jet? Looks like it used to be a fin from a fish?

Yep...that's what that is. Good eye. I assure you that is not in the final. I grabbed a lo-res jpeg to share and it's not from the final.

Excellent work.
I've tried to make images using photoshop. I cant even draw stick figures.
Nice job.
:mrgreen:

I am so proud to be one of the "t" shirt receipents. I will ware it very proudly...Great job Chris. Now if we can just catch some good size fish.
peace
ron

Latest posts