oldest lure

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boathauler32

Reaction score
Well, i was going through my tackle today and came across this thing, i forgot i had it. its called a Mercury worm. I cant beleve something like this was ever even used. its got about a 1/4 oz of mercury inside. the paperwork inside is form 1965

Attachments

• mercury_worm_332.jpg
    mercury_worm_332.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 666
Id love to know what the thing is worth and i would consider any reasonable offer.
I will offer any Tinboats member first shot at it...

The closest that thing will come to water is to toss it into a swimming pool just to see its action. Id never in a million years throw it into a lake or anywhere else

Do not even toss it into a swimming pool - especially if you plan on selling it.

The chemical in the pool might damage the finish or metal parts. Additionally, avoid handling the lure and especially the box and paperwork. You should keep this sealed and away from heat and light. Often, the package and paperwork will increase the value tremendously to a collector.

If you are really interested in finding out the value contact this guy:

Ralph Palmer
[email protected]

He is one of the top lure appraisers if not the top guy!

Let us know what you find out.

I did a search for the lure and found a few pictures of it. None of the pictures came close t the condition of yours. the only problem I see would be with shipping it. The mercury may not be able to be mailed (hazardous material)

good luck
Wayne

esquired said:
Do not even toss it into a swimming pool - especially if you plan on selling it.

The chemical in the pool might damage the finish or metal parts. Additionally, avoid handling the lure and especially the box and paperwork. You should keep this sealed and away from heat and light. Often, the package and paperwork will increase the value tremendously to a collector.

If you are really interested in finding out the value contact this guy:

Ralph Palmer
[email protected]

He is one of the top lure appraisers if not the top guy!

Let us know what you find out.
Thanks, I just sent him an e-mail and will keep you all posted

Latest posts