Anyone here using Paypal?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobberboy

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
I haven't bought from Ebay in a while. It looks like I have to set up a Paypal account to do so now. Is this true? Also, I used to hear some pretty bad Paypal experiences and have avoided setting up an account. I would appreciate any advice or experience you who use Paypal could offer. Thanks in advance.

I love PayPal. I have it linked to my bank account and debit card and credit card. I also have the phone app. On my android phone.

Ibpersonally have never had an issue. Also I you look at the eBay sellers rating you should have no problems

I have used it for many years with no issues. Not a fan of ebay but use it now and then. I try to make sure the seller has been around a long time and has good ratings.

I have had a paypal account for over 7 years and never had a problem. It makes a lot of transactions much easier. I don't think you have to have one although some sellers will only accept PayPal...some will take money orders or checks but paypal is much faster.

I used to be a Powerseller on eBay and also bought a lot of stuff. I never had an issue with Paypal.
One time I used my Paypal card at a drive thru and they charged me an 18% gratuity and wouldn't refund it. One call to Paypal fixed that.

I have had to call them a few times (not recently) and always got an English-speaking American on the phone and my issue resolved quickly.

They are anti-gun so I won't use them any more. I ask the seller if they will accept a postal money order.

I used it for 8 years and never had any trouble with it, the one time I did have to call customer service was because I needed records from my old account (this was when I was transitioning to my JDBaits account) which they were happy to do. For security reason they sent a password protected CD of my whole history when I only needed a few transactions!

used it without problems though I have always been leary. Always felt like a unwelcomed third person in a 2 person dance. But, what are you going to do?

PayPal was great to me as long as I was buying.

Came out short as the seller once though.

I have been using PayPal for several years now. I like it and it has been stated before that it makes buying much simpler and faster...just a few clicks of the mouse and its done.

I have only had one problem with it. A few years back they double charged me for a transaction. A quick 2min phone call and it was all cleared up.

Thanks for the input everyone. I signed up today. I'm trying to sell some stuff both on CL and now eBay. Trying to lighten my load (and get some $ for stuff I want). I have so much crap lying around and need to get rid of it. I unloaded a bunch before Christmas to the tune of about $1500. At that rate I'll be able to buy some of the fancy fishing gadgets you guys use!

Latest posts