Prayers Please

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fender66

Reaction score
Before anyone freaks....this is nothing that can't be fixed.

Today, the storms that blew through the Midwest managed to stop for a split second with a tornado and blow apart our church with a lot of roof damage....our rectory (where the priests live) is a total loss, and thank God they were just arriving at the bottom of the stairs when the house blew apart. There is school damage and I have no idea how bad that is yet. Nobody was hurt, but it's a real big mess. We aren't the only ones with damage, as there are many homes and businesses that were hit also.

Just asking for good thoughts and prayers for all effected as we put things back together during the new year.

I was wondering if you got any of that this morning.I hope everyone is OK.Our area was pretty lucky,as our neighbors to the southwest weren't as lucky.I was in Eureka when it passed through.High winds and lots of rain.The tornado must have passed overhead.

Wow Chris, I hope everyone's OK. Too bad about the building damage but like you said that can all be repaired.
I guess that's your church across 141 from Deirbergs, 3 miles away at our house the storm barely woke me up from a nap, it wasn't until I got downtown that I heard about all the damage in the area.

You guys ARE the best! Thanks.

Today, clean up begins. Heading there in about 15 minutes. Now it's cold outside too. BRRRRR.

Man I hate to hear that, couldn't believe the destruction I saw on TV. Thankfully we were up there on Thursday this week due to the holiday. Glad everyone is safe, like you said the rest can be repaired.

I too want to thank everyone for your prayers and good thoughts. It was awesome to be part of what I would guess was around 200 people that showed up to help salvage items out of the rectory and to clean up all our parking lots so we could use our spared church for this weekends masses. Men with chain saws cut trees that had blown down, leaf blowers to help remove the light weight items and lots of rakes and brooms to clear glass and other items from parking lots and from the school playground....believe it or not we will be able to open our school again this tuesday...Our Sat. night mass was extra meaningful yesterday evening.
God bless all of you and we pray for your safety during this coming year,
Ron

Latest posts