Last fish of 2010

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

poolie

Reaction score
Was off work yesterday so couldn't let 2010 close without getting one last fishing trip in. Launched the Crawdad into a friends private 20 acre lake at 8am yesterday morning. Water temp was 39 degrees and the wind was blowing enough to make worm/jig fishing difficult so started slow rolling a spinnerbait. About a half hour into the morning I made a cast over to a brush pile and the wind caught the spinnerbait causing a minor overrun with the reel. So I pull a couple of feet of line out, reel the slack out line and start my retrieve, almost immediately this nice little 3 1/2 pounder pounced on the bait. Due to the water temp, she was a bit lethargic so wasn't much of a battle but it was nice to end the year with one last decent sized bass. The wind continued to pickup so only stayed for another hour and get another nibble.

last2010.jpg

Way to go Poolie!

I've caught some good fish this time of year slow rolling a spinnerbait.

Great fish Poolie.

Don't winter bass really look skinny? In the spring, you'd probably be holding a 4lb fish.

fender66 said:
Great fish Poolie.

Don't winter bass really look skinny? In the spring, you'd probably be holding a 4lb fish.

I can't wait to find out ;-)

Good job man!

I went out Thursday and Friday last week and only caught 1 fish... and it was barely a keeper. The only depth I could get them to bite at was 30+ feet... needless to say, it was a long, cold day on the water at Lathem. But I had been catching quite a few 3-4lb'rs in the weeks prior

russ010 said:
Good job man!

I went out Thursday and Friday last week and only caught 1 fish... and it was barely a keeper. The only depth I could get them to bite at was 30+ feet... needless to say, it was a long, cold day on the water at Lathem. But I had been catching quite a few 3-4lb'rs in the weeks prior

The weather guys are saying that we're going to have a warmer than normal Jan and Feb (in the southeast). Hope they know what they're talking about cause I've got some catching up to do. The fish above is the biggest thing I've caught since October.

poolie said:
The weather guys are saying that we're going to have a warmer than normal Jan and Feb (in the southeast). Hope they know what they're talking about cause I've got some catching up to do. The fish above is the biggest thing I've caught since October.

Well poolie... I think the weather guys missed it again...

Latest posts