With age comes wisdom....sometimes

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Waterwings

Reaction score
Here are two stories from the recent holiday time frame to prove I am basically inept at technology:

(1) During the holiday's, our 4 yr old grandson came over to spend the night and he brought his "Alvin and the Chipmunks" dvd movie. So, I turn on the dvd player, pop in the disc and it doesn't work. I try all sorts of trouble-shooting techniques, (which aren't many for me), and still no movie. Now, the disc I inserted had all the colorful graphics and logos on it, but it wasn't the right one. The grandson opened the dvd case and said "Papaw, it's this one". He hands me the other disc (it's a two- disc set) that doesn't have any sort of graphics on it, and guess what........it's the right disc. :roll:

(2) On New Year's Eve day, we went over to our other daughter's house to eat dinner. The 6 yr old grandson has a game playing on their Playstation and decides he wants to use the Wii instead. I don't know why everything is not hooked-up, but to play the Wii he has to disconnect the Playstation to hookup the Wii. He immediately starts moving cables and controllers around, unplugging this and that, and then plugging in other cables. He got the dang thing up and running pretty quick. I was impressed, and felt pretty dumb at the same time, lol. :idea: Next time I have a problem setting electronics up, I'm gonna call him.

Thats a different kind of wisdom though WW... Seems like the younger kids are these days, the smarter they are... I'll be honest and not scared to admit it... ANY fifth grader now would KILL me in ANY subject. :D

I consider myself a technology savvy guy, but I'm beginning to realize my age with all the newfangled devices that are coming out that I have no idea how to use or operate...

...and I thought standing up from laying on the floor was the worst thing that I'd be facing. :shock: Yeesch!

Ask any of those "youngsters" to change a tire on the car....We still have them beat. :D

I had my daughter and one of her friends (12 yr olds) in my car a few months ago. She wanted to roll the window down and didn't know how because it was a crank window and not electric. I smiled quietly as my daughter had to explain it. :LOL2:

Andy said:
Thats a different kind of wisdom though WW... Seems like the younger kids are these days, the smarter they are... I'll be honest and not scared to admit it... ANY fifth grader now would KILL me in ANY subject. :D

I know exactly what you mean, lol. :)

fender66 said:
Ask any of those "youngsters" to change a tire on the car....We still have them beat. :D

I had my daughter and one of her friends (12 yr olds) in my car a few months ago. She wanted to roll the window down and didn't know how because it was a crank window and not electric. I smiled quietly as my daughter had to explain it. :LOL2:

Good point on the tire-changing, Chris :) . Lol, about the window crank. Would have liked to have seen that :) .

The one thing just about none of the teens have on us though is Life experience! :wink:

Latest posts