The Cave

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobberboy

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
In Jim's post about the Hornady poster he made reference to the man-cave. It made me wonder whether you all have one and if you could describe it or post a pic.

I don't really have one and if I did it would be more like a hovel or an out-house. I have a room in the basement that isn't, strictly speaking, mine seeing as how the furnace, water heater and a whole lotta stuff is already in there. I have a lot of crap in the garage but the garage isn't mine either. I just built a garden shed but that's for the garden stuff. What I really have is a spot in the driveway under the trees. So I guess that makes it a man-spot-in-the-driveway-under-the-trees.

I make up for it at work though where the whole floor I work on is essentially a man-cave sans the nudies (which we have in the galleries). We have all contributed to the "tower of power" which is our collection if about a dozen stereo components. We have speakers in all the rooms including the bathroom so we never miss a beat, in a manner of speaking, and a 200w sub woofer in the wood shop. Every payday we go to the second-hand music store at lunch to add to our growing collection of CD's. On a good day in the shop we won't be able to hear the phone ring. We also have our remote stereo unit "Remo 1" that we take into the galleries when we are building or installing. As it's on campus there is no fishing gear or beer around but hey, it beats working in a cube on the admin level. Also, because it's dusty much of the time no one really comes around to bother us so we're left alone to do our work in peace. I'd have to say, in spite of the fact that it's work, it's pretty sweet.

Im a 27 year old single navy sailor, and I just purchased my first home in 2009. My whole house is a man cave. Aint no woman gonna tell me where things go, I do fine by myself. I have a weight bench and a rod rack in my bedroom, a pet snake(that I caught) on my kitchen table, and a gun beside every door. I put what little taxidermy work I have in MY livin room. The whole bottom shelf of my fridge is the designated beer area. And theres constantly a beeramid in progress on my coffee table. Theres crankbaits and jigs hanging in random places like lamp shades and reel parts scattered everywhere. I also just got a new fathead stadium sticker thats 8' long....guess where its going??? In the living room :D . Ill take some pics at the BBQ we have planned this month....

I tried that marriage thing for a few years, and Im through puttin up with that potpourri paula dean crap. Ill stick with the girlfriend thing for a while.

Most importantly, I get to fish whenever and however long I want, with nobody nagging me.

I am lucky enough to have a man cave at my house. It is a room that has a door to the outside of the house also a door to the "main house". I spend most of my time in here as it has everything I need. I have: T.V., mini fridge, couch, recliner, all my fishing gear and hunting gear, outdoor decor, all I need for a man cave. :D :D .

In summer, my garage is my man-cave I spend most of my time (when not fishing) out there working on cars/ trucks currently working on putting a 302 in a mazda b3000 (ranger). When Im not heating the garage, Im in my second bedroom, where I use the computer, clean guns, organize hunting gear, practice calls (gf loves that haha), and work on things at my desk. I was a bachelor when I bought the house, but the gf is slowly claiming the inside, good thing she doesnt care about the garage, and she has a shotgun so she understands they stay inside. All I have is a pic of the mazda in the garage, but its 2 1/2 wide 2 1/2 deep with a 25x25 upstairs, thats why I bought this house and thats were I spend my time.

Attachments

• 101_2340.jpg
    101_2340.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 858
The wife has the main floor of our Ranch. I get the basement. Two years ago I decided I needed a man cave. 80 % complete and my youngest son moves to the basement into a corner of the cave. Ho took the space for the work table, hobby table. 1 corner for the pool table and bookshelves. 1 corner for the big screen and a wood burner divides that from teh last corner which holds my kitchen area, stove, for brewing my own beer, refrig, sink, beer on tap, 10 gallons of home brew on tap. I still have some trim work to do this winter. He moves out in teh summer, and its all mine again.

me and my son wanted to make plastic baits, so needing good ventilation we was limited, i have a garage but wanted something more dedicated for this instead of clearing out a corner. We also make rods as well, and by the way I encourage these hobbies to all to try, they are very rewarding, anyway she allowed me to purchase a 12X16 shed and these are the pics of the inside of it last year< its been changed up just a little more.

DSC05585.jpg

DSC05581.jpg

I'll take a panoramic once it's clean. :LOL2: At that point someone here is going to score allot of things I don't want/need that are just taking up space.

Jim said:
I'll take a panoramic once it's clean. :LOL2: At that point someone here is going to score allot of things I don't want/need that are just taking up space.

IN :LOL2: :LOL2: :LOL2:

Excuse the mess but here is my testosterone only area. excuse the mess but my Delhi project is eating all my time and tiding up has not been high on the priority list. Anyway, here we go!

IMG_6067.jpg

IMG_6065.jpg

IMG_6061.jpg

IMG_6062.jpg

IMG_6063.jpg

IMG_6064.jpg

nothing to fancy but my own little place. :LOL2: :LOL2:

thanks guys. Bobberboy, have the furnace room also, if my house ever blows up it is because my 60 gallon air compressor ignited a gas leak. I ran PVC supply lines from one end of my house to the other so air is available. Also have drying station so if I want to spray I can. The space comes in handy for projects! thanks again for the compliments though! :LOL2:

Brent

Latest posts