Xbox360 question

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FishingBuds

Reaction score
Is there headsets you can use to play in gaming mode?

My son picked up a headset thats got a mic on it and it only had one ear piece but you can't here anything if you play in gaming mode( the campaign )

He thinks he should have picked up the two ear headset with no mic?

This is new to him and me

Hmm... I am pretty sure they make a headset that has in-ear sound plus the mic, but I think they are kind of spendy...

When I used to play online with headphones on, I had a regular ol' pair of headphones with a long cord and extension that plugged into the audio receiver that my entertainment center routes all sound through. I would then just put the headset with the mic on it around my neck and point the mic up so I could still talk into it. You can change the settings in the 360's dashboard to play any audio from other players online to the speakers instead of the headset, so I could still hear people talk to me, and I only used the mic portion of the one-speaker headset.

I think you have a setting that needs to be changed. You can set it so the game play comes out the tv speakers but any talking from other players comes through the earpeice.

You can buy stereo headsets with a mic.

I have one that I bought at Wal Mart when a bunch of us from work were late night gaming from home. I still use it when I'm watching movies on the computer and don't want to interrupt my wife and daughter watching tv in the same room.

Im talking about regular gaming not going on the intranet to play.

The head set doesn't work when he has it on regualr gaming (the campaign )

see im trying to get the game to go thru the headsets period when he plays it, not thru the tv. Its a profanity issue im trying to curve and muteing the voice and putting up dialog just doesn't work well with keeping up with said game.

Turtle Beach have some nice wireless or wired headphones in stereo or surround sound. I have a set of x41 and they are great. You can also use stereo headphones and plug them directly into your Xbox or receiver. You can also use stereo headphones and plug them directly into your Xbox or receiver.

https://www.turtlebeach.com/products.aspx

I have the Tritton AX-180 headset. Best Buy carries them for $69.99, but you may be able to find them cheaper online. I love 'em. The same headphones work for either XBox360 or PS3. They have adjustable Game and Chat volume controls. You can mute the TV and still crank the headphone volume if desired. You can mute the knuckleheads without losing the game sound. Also very comfortable. More expensive models are wireless, but wired works well enough. As a previous poster said, Turtle Beach is also a popular brand.

Radio Shack, Game Spot or Best Buy have exactly what you need, stay away from Play Tronics they are junk. Best buy has the best selection.

Latest posts