speaking of fisihng with rubber goods!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thudpucker

Reaction score
I tried injecting a Worm or a Frog with some Anise oil. The Stuff just squirted right back out at me. :|
I quit fooling with stuff at the time, #-o but the thought still remains.

What about poking a needle down the length of the Frog or whatever...and dragging a thick Cotton thread down the length of the Rubber dude?
A Cotton string that's been soaked in some sort of scented oil. Like The oil in a Sardine Can?
Anybody ever tried that?

I inject soft plastics with scent using a hypo needle - usually use a commercial scent for that purpose (Yuim Shad Scent or Biobaits crayfish or bloodworm) - You do not need all that much scent and the plastic will absorb some (squirt some in the bag as well)

Our fearless sponsor JD Baits pre-scents all of his products and you get to pick what scent you want. BTW Tournament smells awful to me but the fish seem to like it

My best Scent test:

Years ago in Alaska somebody gave me a huge Rubber Herring. My son named him; "Rubber Dude"

We fish for Halibut with Whole Herring sometimes, or if the Salmon are in and Deep, we use Cut Herring. About Half a herring on a hook.
So Herring is the Real Deal for Halibut.

With my partner using Herring, I put that big Rubber dude on and was pretty much ignored while my buddy was reeling em' in.
There were four of us in the boat. The Herring was catching, the Rubber Dude was a cheap date.

So I pulled the Rubber Dude up, tore up a T-shirt and soaked strings of it in the Bait box. Lots of Herring Slurry down there.
I Wrapped that Nasty bloody T-shirt part around 'Rubber Dude' and put im' to work.
That time it barely hit the bottom before a Halibut had it.
Same thing as I let it down again.

That's where I got the idea of Scenting the Rubber goods. I got so busy with life since then....right up to April when it might be warm enough to go fishing again and I'll try some of my creations.

Latest posts