Any Nj boaters out there?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

basstender10.6

Reaction score
I boat/fish in New Jersey in my 10.6 basstender. I registered it last year and my registration says that it is powered by an eletric motor (I have a minn kota on it). Now i want to get a 15hp gas outboard..... so does this mean I have to change my registration?
Thanks
basstender

Good question.....I've been looking to get a gas motor, but never noticed my registration says electric or not. I checked NJ DMV but can't see anything specific.

I am kicking my self now because when I got the boat I should have just put down that it had an outboard. I hope that I dont have to make any changes because doing anything involving Dvm is a complicated and they charge you for everything.

The Illinois paperwork has a place for motor size when I registered the boat I had a 9.5 Evinrude on it and I put that on the form.
I never thought about it when I upgraded to the 25 Mariner. I'm not worried about it.

basstender10.6 said:
I boat/fish in New Jersey in my 10.6 basstender. I registered it last year and my registration says that it is powered by an eletric motor (I have a minn kota on it). Now i want to get a 15hp gas outboard..... so does this mean I have to change my registration?
Thanks
basstender

I think you will be OK until the next renewal - just give the DMV a call and they will tell you.

Latest posts