Trash on the river

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mtnman

Reaction score
Im a little bothered by what Ive seen floating down the river here in front of my house. Theres trash everywhere, and it kinda makes me mad. Theres no excuse for it, if you are at the river with garbage take it with you. Chances are it lighter when you leave than when you carried it down. I take a garbage bag with me all the time when i go fishing because there are some real pigs out there that fish. The thing that bothers me most about the trash along the rivere here is that most of it is caused by the local residents. Its pretty bad when the campers have more respect for the waters than the people that live along the waters. People are just ignorant and take advantage of what we have here. How many People can say that they can look out there window and see a Bald Eagle soaring through the air or a bear in there back yard but yet they just leave there trash lay along the river side which is some of our back yards. Im starting to see why people are posting there property and not letting people fish and hunt there. I have actually takin more than a full garbage bag of trash away from one of my fishing hole and that pisses me off, there is no excuse for it. I just wish people would show the waters the respect I have for it. The world is a beautiful place in some areas and them areas are slowly disapearing so I think people should take advantage of the waterways we have while they are still able to be takin advantage of.

It ticks me off too. I've seen guys at the boat ramp at city park come into the ramp, toss they're empty nightcrawler containers on the ground, strap the boat on the trailer, and then leave. There's a trashcan about 20' from the ramp :roll: . Pure **** laziness and a case of the give-a-craps with those people. If the ramp was ever closed-down due to the trash, they'd probably be the first ones complaining about it.

I hear ya man. It makes me sick to see all the trash people leave lying around lakes and public ponds. I saw a grocery bad in a pond when I just drove home. I've seen a duck with the plastic from a 6 pack around its neck. Some people just don't get it.

I couldn't agree with you more about the trash issue. My area is loaded with scumbags who carry in fast food, and beer, and just leave it behind. If someone can carry it in, they can carry it out.

Anyway, heres a pic I took of the trash that floats down my river.
Picture605.jpg

mr.fish said:
I couldn't agree with you more about the trash issue. My area is loaded with scumbags who carry in fast food, and beer, and just leave it behind. If someone can carry it in, they can carry it out.

Anyway, heres a pic I took of the trash that floats down my river.
Picture605.jpg

LMFAO!

Latest posts