PayPal aaaaaaaaaarrrrgggggggggghhhhhhhhhhh

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
I just got an email that I "sent money" to someone to the tune of $545.00
:shock:

I dont have $545.00 in paypal. :LOL2:

I am disputing this with paypal, and I called my Credit Card company to let them know.....

What a pain in the rear.

I had something weird happen with me a couple of days ago as well. I was buying some crappie jigs and when it went to paypal, it informed me that I had been randomly selected to verify my cc #, change my password and security questions (after typing in my old and a new password) and verify my email address. I bombed out of it twice, tried to call pp (you can forget that) and finally just went ahead and did the change. Strangely enough, I immediately logged out and tried to log back in with my new password.. guess what, it was still my old password to get in. I checked the email account that it is registered to and there were no emails from pp verifying the change like you always get anytime you do something there.

I immediately changed the password and questions again in case I had been had the first go round. They won't be able to log in with the old one and change it if that was the case.

So far, no questionable charges a couple of days later.

DISLIKE!

Oh wait. This isn't Facebook. Well I still DISLIKE!

Hope it works out for you Jim. I've been fortunate to not have any issues so far with PP. Fingers crossed for us all.

Check your eBay account and make sure someone hasn't hacked into it as well.. they could have bought something and then used your paypal.

Work closer with your credit card company than anybody.. they are the holders of your $$.

Dang, that sucks Jim, I have had to cancell two cards in the past two years over a few dollars charged, to think its over 500 bucks would make me wanna take matters in my own hands :evil:

Jim said:
I was irritated at first, but the Credit Card company said do not worry about it....

Let see what paypal does.......

Jim, I had a similar thing happen to me about 8 months ago with my Pay Pal account. It took about 3 weeks to resolve, but in the end it was all taken care of by Pay Pal and my credit card company.

You did log onto PayPal by going on to PayPal's secure website and not a link to PayPal in the e-mail I hope. The scammers can create a ridiculous authentic looking site that mimic PayPals. Do not log onto anything through that email. That is another way they can get your info. I have had this happen to me a couple times and E-Bay would tell me to forward the e-mail to them and they would check it out. After their investigations it would be found that the e-mail was from a scammer and they were trying to get me to click on a link in the e-mail to get my info. Do NOT click on links inside suspicious e-mails. You will lose.

KMixson said:
You did log onto PayPal by going on to PayPal's secure website and not a link to PayPal in the e-mail I hope. The scammers can create a ridiculous authentic looking site that mimic PayPals. Do not log onto anything through that email. That is another way they can get your info. I have had this happen to me a couple times and E-Bay would tell me to forward the e-mail to them and they would check it out. After their investigations it would be found that the e-mail was from a scammer and they were trying to get me to click on a link in the e-mail to get my info. Do NOT click on links inside suspicious e-mails. You will lose.

yup! I never click on anything in emails....ever.

Jim said:
yup! I never click on anything in emails....ever.

You mean I shouldn't claim this?

SWISS LOTTO NETHERLANDSFRANCOSTRAAT 40,3067DV,LAIDEN.NETHERLANDS

https://www .swisslotto.ch

Dear Internet User, This Email is to inform you that you emerged a winner of the sum of 750.000.00 Euros with the following numbers attached Ref Number: PW 9590 ES 9414,Batch Number: 573881545-NL/2011 and Ticket Number: PP3502 /8707-01 on our online draws which was played on the year 2011.

For further Information about your Winnings,contact your Lottery Claims Officer with the following contact Address Below. Mr. Ru Van HuffmanTel: +31-684-246-075Email: [email protected]

You will provide him with the following information:First name:Last Name:Telephone/Fax number:Nationality:Age:Occupation:

Congratulations! Thank you for being a user of the World Wide Web.

SWISS LOTTO NETHERLANDSFRANCOSTRAAT 40,3067DV,LAIDEN.NETHERLANDS

But that's a lot of money.. I think? :oops:

:mrgreen:

Jim said:
Hey those guys have cousins in Nigeria? They asked me to send them a few bucks so they could send me even more back. :LOL2:

I'm told that it really works too....and if you send it to at least 10 more people, something magical will appear on you monitor. :LOL2:

Jim:

Received the $545.00 you sent via PayPal, Thank You for your Order

The neeked photos of BassAddict will be sent FedEx in a plain brown wrapper as you requested. I do apologize for the goat, but he insisted

I can help you get your money back. But first you need to send me $50 cash (since your cc was hacked) and your credit card info that it was charged to. I'll make some calls and in a few weeks it will all go away. Trust me.

:LOL2: :LOL2: :LOL2:

I'm Always Careful Of Entering My Password For PayPal After Making An eBay Purchase, And Never Go In Through An Emailed Link. Even Then, If If Doesn't "Feel Right", I Will Enter An Incorrect Password On Purpose The First Time. Scammers/Phishers Would Not Know Good From Bad, Just Turn Around And Try Logging In With The Wrong One.

So Far, I Always Get A Notice It's Incorrect And To Retry After Checking The Cap Lock Key. Then, I Know I Am Going Through The REAL PayPal Portal, They Know The Real Deal Password.

Still, I Fear The Day That Jim Is Going Thru Now.

All is well! Paypal sent me an email saying they are going to return my $545 bucks.

Why does it take 5 days to return my money, but takes a split second to take my money. :LOL2:

Jim said:
All is well! Paypal sent me an email saying they are going to return my $545 bucks.

Why does it take 5 days to return my money, but takes a split second to take my money. :LOL2:

Yea exactly jim :roll:

welp glad to hear your getting it back 8)

Latest posts