civil war revolver

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guess once you have it appraised.....someone else is going to know you have it and on something that rare....I'm betting word would travel fast. I'd like to know how her father acquired it. Maybe more will be revealed later???

Yes i would like more info,But it would be hard for me to give it up as i love history.
In school i hated it,now i love it.

Mike

well it would be uncomfortable to keep it, but MAN I would wanna KEEP it [-X

just not smart to fool around with a stolen gun, but MAN I would wann KEEP it #-o

That would be a neat thing to have. I'm a firm believer in karma so I'd give it back but I might hold on to it and show my family first.

Don't get me wrong i would do the right thang :shock:
But it would be nice to have a gun that old,and that much history with it.

caveman said:
Don't get me wrong i would do the right thang :shock:
But it would be nice to have a gun that old,and that much history with it.

I know CM, it kills me on pawn stars all those people selling those old guns!!

remember that 1750 Coach Gun double barrel with spring loaded bayonet?

Man ain't NO WAY i would've gave that up!!!!!!!!!!!!

The history is nice and all, but sometimes overrated. How much can we actually learn from a civil war pistol? Nothing that hasnt already been learned, right? Its basically just a rich man's conversation piece. If I was her, and no charges were pending, Id be wanting some money. Sure, she doesnt know where or how her father got it, but I bet it wasnt given to him. Im sure he paid something, maybe a lot. He was obviously pretty well off to even have 200 year old pistol laying around in the first place. Id want something in return for giving back the gun. Id at least demand a thorough investigation to prove that it is indeed the same gun...Im not letting go of $50,000 without a fight, period. Especially when no one is in danger or nothing is on the line. I mean hell, they dont even know who stole the darn thing..

Wonder if they still sell .36 caliber ammo? :LOL2:

Sorry in advance...

nathanielrthomas said:
The history is nice and all, but sometimes overrated. How much can we actually learn from a civil war pistol? Nothing that hasnt already been learned, right? Its basically just a rich man's conversation piece. If I was her, and no charges were pending, Id be wanting some money. Sure, she doesnt know where or how her father got it, but I bet it wasnt given to him. Im sure he paid something, maybe a lot. He was obviously pretty well off to even have 200 year old pistol laying around in the first place. Id want something in return for giving back the gun. Id at least demand a thorough investigation to prove that it is indeed the same gun...Im not letting go of $50,000 without a fight, period. Especially when no one is in danger or nothing is on the line. I mean hell, they dont even know who stole the darn thing..

Wonder if they still sell .36 caliber ammo? :LOL2:

Sorry in advance...

Nothing to be sorry about. I'd do the same thing. They first need to prove it was stolen. According to teh article they BELIEVE it was stolen. In other words tehy dont know how it "disappeared". It very well may have been sold to teh highest bidder to save teh museum!

If they had concrete proof that it was their gun and could prove it was stolen then I would have no problem returning it. Based on the info in the article it was their gun but no one is clear on how it disappeared.

Latest posts