Ever hear of International Falls, MN?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been to Fairbanks AK when it was -20f and I don't care to ever be that cold again. Where's global warming when you need it?

It was -24 out my front door this morning in Southern MN. I've told my wife if we move it will be south, I refuse to move to the north side of the street.

Went up Pike's Peak in Colorado on New Year's Eve last year. -25 was plenty cold enough for this Texas boy. Exposed skin + wind = HURT. Glad we did it, but don't feel any need to do it again.

Isn't international falls the coldest place in the USA. Remember reading something about it a while back. Some story about them being challenged by some other city in Minnesota.

I think prestone used to have a commercial that mentioned that place; could be wrong but still colder than what I like! 8)

slabdaddy said:
I think prestone used to have a commercial that mentioned that place; could be wrong but still colder than what I like! 8)

That rings a bell. coldest I've ever been outside on purpose was setting roof trusses -19F. If I had wings I would be going south for sure.

brmurray said:
Isn't international falls the coldest place in the USA. Remember reading something about it a while back. Some story about them being challenged by some other city in Minnesota.

They claim to be the coldest but are in a contest with Embarass, MN (low on Feb 2, 1996 at -57°f) and Tower, MN (-60° on that same date). The coldest temp on record for International Falls is -55°f. These three cities compete, in some very perverse way, for title of the cold spot in MN. International Falls is especially keen to keep their claim to the coldest spot as many manufacturers come there to test equipment, cars, etc. under extreme cold conditions. There is actually an industry of sorts that has developed there to support these testing operations. I've been there once - in the summer - and it's a beautiful area. There's not enough warm clothing in all of Christendom to get me up there this time of year.

Latest posts