Finally bit the bullet on a lathe!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arkansasnative

Reaction score
After looking around for a decent used lathe for about a year i decided to just go the cheap lathe route instead. Found a 14"x40" wood lathe with 6" sanding disk on sale for $127 on the internet at harbor freight... normally valued at $150. i went to our local store and found the same lathe (and an airbrush gun lol) from the internet still at $150. I asked a worker which price was right and they said they'd honor the sale price but they only had the floor model left. they said they could order me a boxed one from the warehouse and it'd be here monday so i went ahead and made the order. while i was filling out the paper work they told me to go pick up any guy magazine and there's an additional 20% off coupon inside that they'd add on top of the current sale! Talk about good customer service! In the end i got a NEW, decent, well built lathe and sander for right at 100 bucks! This thing is gonna be great for cutting out a few cranks and cork rod handles!

here's a link to the lathe: https://www.harborfreight.com/14-inch-x-40-inch-lathe-with-6-inch-sander-45276.html

Jealous. You have to post some pics of what you make. I have always thought that would be a cool thing to have.

Cool man...I'm kinda ashamed to admit that I have a nice, large one. I don't even know how to hardly use it. :oops: