This week was a rough one

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Popeye

Reaction score
Went ice fishing Wednesday and ended up with just a couple of panfish to show for the effort. I did have one real nice something on the line and as it got to the bottom of the hole, I saw a flash of a dark colored streamlined fish and as it brushed the ice, got off the hook. My story and I say it was a Walleye. Later, as I was rebaiting one of my lines, the other went down and I iced a 12" Bullhead... Nasty slimy thing. Good thing the jig was just in the very front lip so I could grab the jig with my hemostats and shake it off with having to touch it. All in all as far as being on the ice goes, I had a good time. The ride home sucked though. Entered the intersection of RT 21 and Washington Street and someone in a 2007 PT Cruiser turned left in front of me. T-boned her at 40 MPH. Now I'm shopping for another vehicle as I'm sure she will be too as I would guess both vehicles are going to be totaled. Should've gone to the hospital that night but thought everything was fine. The next morning, I was stiff as all get out. I got my rental car and went to the doctor.

IF, the Trailblazer gets totaled, I'll be looking for a new (and I hate to have to settle at this point but the $ isn't available for what I was gonna look for next year) a 1/2 ton 4x4 GM pickup, Chevy or GMC. A 3/4 ton is what I really wanted, but that would be too far out of my budget (like a truck payment now isn't?)

I am OK, for the most part. Stiff and sore but broadsiding someone at 40 MPH will do that to you I guess. Other driver is shaken but otherwise OK as well. Went to the ER today because I was so sore and to appease the wife too. Got a pain killer shot, pain killer pill and script for muscle relaxers (not sure why I have a 90 day supply though)

Here is the front of my Trailblazer

Trailblazer.jpg

Driver's door - don't remember the truck spinning around 180 degrees though

Trailblazer_door.jpg

I was towing my ATV at the time and the ATV came through without any serious problems. 3 of the 4 tie down straps held it in place mostly, the hook on 1 strap broke. The luggage rack baskets got bent up a little because I attached the tie downs to them. A good reason to use the frame from now on. The trailer tongue got bent a little to one side and up a bit and the coupler is toast. I'll take it to a welding shop and get that taken care of.

I talked with the USAA claims adjuster and she alluded that with the number of miles on the vehicle (130,000 or so) and amount of guestimated damage based on phone call information, that I should start shopping around for another vehicle. I was hoping to hold off doing that until next year. At least USAA has a good vehicle buying service and you can find some real good prices through there web site.

Glad you are mostly OK. Sorry to hear about this as I am sure this will put a crimp on your style for a little while. I suggest that you take the insurance money and just buy a bigger boat :mrgreen:

BTW Let me preemptively state that I was not in the PT Cruiser nor do i own such a vehicle!

Popeye said:
It was probably driven by one of your hired minions.

No my minions are under strict orders to:

1. never damage person or property; and,

2. Use a black sharpie to "tag" their work. Had it been my minions they would have left you with an elaborate sharpie mustachio.

2673925440088457913yGpIIc_ph.jpg

Glad you're ok. Cars can be replaced, body parts are harder to come by.

Maybe you'll find a deal on just the right car!

Glad you're mostly okay. Is that a bullet hole on the driver's door above the word 'Trail'? Maybe it was a rouge minion.

poolie said:
Glad you're mostly okay. Is that a bullet hole on the driver's door above the word 'Trail'? Maybe it was a rouge minion.

Holy mackerel, it is a bullet hole... Esquired, you got some splainin' to do.

Sorry to hear of your accident. Glad you weren't seriously hurt. Hope you can find you another vehicle within your budget.

Man!!! glad to hear your ok. Sucks about the trailblazer though. My wife has been talking getting rid of the malibu and getting a trailblazer for a while now. I actually am impressed by how well it held together in a 40mph crash...

perchin said:
Man!!! glad to hear your ok. Sucks about the trailblazer though. My wife has been talking getting rid of the malibu and getting a trailblazer for a while now. I actually am impressed by how well it held together in a 40mph crash...

Me too. If they still made them I would buy another in a heartbeat. handles well, decent towing capability, Solid.

Popeye said:
perchin said:

Me too. If they still made them I would buy another in a heartbeat. handles well, decent towing capability, Solid.

Yeah... the used lot down the road has two of em'. I just can't seem to justify another payment, seeing how we paid off the malibu two years ago. :mrgreen: