need some help here

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caveman

Reaction score
I would like some help to see if i am off base for the asking price of my boat?

I know that the price is dif. per area but i feel this is more than fair?
THANKS MIKE

FOR SALE IS,
O7 Lowe BIG JON L1648M.I have added aluminum floor, sidewalls, casting deck.
O7 Hustler drive on trailer, new LED tail lights.
O6 Mercury 4 stroke EFI 25HP electric/pull start (very low hours)
All is just like new with very little use. I don’t use it and it needs to go. This is a great boat that needs to be used so who ever gets it is getting a great deal.
Call Sorry no emails, text, ONLY phone calls

Price: 3300.00 cash, NO TRADES

Seems underpriced to me...in Mn there tend to be fewer jons than v--bottoms. In Feb of 2010 I paid $5000 for a 2009 1448 Tracker with 2009 E Z Loader and a brand new Merc 25hpEFI w/tilt/trim. I'd buy yours in a second.

I agree with bobberboy, but I'm also from MN. Jons bring a good price up this way when you can find one.

Can't tell you if it is too high or too low, but, I can tell you that I happily paid around your advertised price for a ten year old 2000 160W Lowe with a 2 cycle 40 hp 2000 model Johnson. Trailer was WAYYY older than the boat and it took another $600 or so ( and a paint job) to get the trailer ship-shape.

My boat is configured as a bass boat with side console; windshield etc., ( see my avatar) so that added some value. It came painted maroon with side decals; livewell; FF; trolling motor; and carpeted decks, so that added something.

But, yours is much newer in every way. A newer 4 cycle is certainly worth more to many people. I think you would sell it quickly for your price around here. In other parts of the country it is Winter, so that will hold back some buyers.

regards, rich

Seems low to me, normally. However, I'm finding some great deals on similar boats in my area, that are going unsold for longer than they normally would. If nobody has money, having a boat at 3300 vs. 4000 doesn't really make much difference.

The folks that would buy it (folks that are wanting what you have, and have disposable income) would buy it at 4000 if that's where it was listed (assuming the boat has a value of 4k, which back in a better economy I bet yours would), so dropping down a few hundred bucks doesn't gain much, until you get to the point that the folks that wouldn't normally be buying something like that, pick it up, as they can't pass over such a deal. Exception to this would be if there was an abundance of similar boats listed at low prices. But, I've not really seen that, and I'm not too very far from you.

Just my observations over the past few months.

I'll say though, that I've had a couple grand saved up, without a need for, and I've passed up a handful of deals recently, that, 2 years ago, I would have picked up in an absolute heartbeat, because I doubt I'd be able to turn them around for very much.

Times are tough, clearly.

This is whats in my area and i consider us close the boat area, you compare, i believe your fair to low

https://evansville.craigslist.org/boa/2143633497.html

https://evansville.craigslist.org/boa/2169679780.html

I too think you're a little on a the low side. I would raise the price if for no other reason than odds are pretty good that if someone is interested, they're going to want to bargain with you on the price. You might as well build that into the price.

I am greatfull + sad to say that i no longer am part of this site as a tin boat owner
I sold my boat for 3k cash tonight.
It is not that much but it pays my truck off + sum. to pay other bills

I will start over ,it is not the first time.

I have not had a job in 6 months,but we do what needs to be done.................

I applaude you for doing what you need to, hope things work out for ya. Anyone want to buy a motorcycle? :lol: (the motorcycle part's a joke, its already sold)

YES i did what i neeeded to do.
It was not a easy thing two do and as of now my wife, keep civen me a towel :(
IT is just a boat :evil: NOT .............

you've done whats needed. been there many times myself, i usually sell some of my guns so yea it can suck bd but we always bounce back 8) your doing great CM

Latest posts