MMA Hall of Fame Induction

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bulldog

Reaction score
Some of you may like this. I have had a very successful amateur MMA career in the last 5 years but due to finding out about having heart disease, I have to retire. I just got inducted in to the Shamrock Promotions Hall of Fame recently and wanted to share it with you guys. Fighting was my life for a long time and this was one of the proudest moments of my life so far. Attached is a highlight reel of some of my fights.

Highlights of my career:
Shamrock Promotions Lightweight Champion
ISCFMMA United States Lightweight Champion
ISCFMMA Lightweight World Classic Champion
14-3 record
Fastest knockout in ISCFMMA history - 6 seconds
I was ranked as the #1 lightweight amateur in the world for the last year and a half

Disclaimer:if you do not like violence or fighting do not click on the link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbk5MNtfJIo

Great clips, awesome song.
Sorry about your career ending so soon, but I hope all is well with the heart condition.
Congrats on being inducted to the Shamrock Promotions Hall of Fame!!
You seem like you enjoy the sport a great bit, hope you can stay active in it in some way, maybe coaching or something of the sorts.

damnn you did work!! at least your leaving with a very impressive record and a documented one at that

Hope you can beat your health situation just as good - on the upside more time for fishing1 :)

Thanks guys.

I have a bicuspid aortic valve which causes lots problems with my heart. I am going to have to get surgery at some point to fix it but for now I am good to go. It came as a huge surprise to me as I feel no different and if it wasn't for seeing the echocardiogram with my own two eyes I would not believe that there is anything wrong. Everything happens for a reason so I am just going to work and fish more now that I will not be training 4-6 days a week. Besides, getting in a fist fight every single day is pretty hard on your body and I have broken my nose enough and I have enough scars. I had a blast while it lasted but it is not something that you can do at 50% because you are going out there and fighting trained fighters that want to beat your a**, it is a very tough sport. In the 5 years I competed I have had 2 knee surgeries, 2 ankle surgeries, shoulder surgery, all kind of bruised and broken bones.

Funny story about how I broke my arm, I was kickboxing and my sparring partner tried to kick me in the head so I put my right arm up to block it and he broke the smaller of the two bones in my forearm. I continued the round and I told my coach that I think I broke my arm and he looked at my arm and told me to "get my **&^& to the hospital". Ahhhhhhh, good times.

Even to this day there is nothing that I have ever done, ever, that tops getting locked in a cage with the guarantee of violence. Just looking across the cage at the guy staring you down thinking he is going to win. Just a very humbling experience and it is not for everyone but something I love. It is really funny when my clients find out that I fight because I am a very professional relaxed person and it floors people to find out.

Sorry that you're career was cut short.

I watched your video...:shock:...you're AMAZING! That was some totally awesome $**t! And a 6 sec knockout...I can believe that after I saw the open scene in your video where you basically ran and jumped on that dude giving him one heck of a pounding! =D>

Was that the 6 sec out?

Dear bulldog,

I apologize if I've ever said or done anything to upset you. Now or in the future. :mrgreen:

Great vid compilation, and congrats on your success. You 155ers move FAST. I liked seeing you get slammed on the ground and slap on a triangle 8) .

I've really only followed MMA via the UFC.

Curious to hear/read your story of how you got in with Shamrock Promotions.

Brine - Shamrock Promotions is based out of St. Louis and I just happened to start my career with them. Out of my 17 fights, 14 of them were under the Shamrock Promotions banner in one way or another. Here in the midwest they are the powerhouse of combat sports promotion and they are professional in every possible way. They treat the fighters well and I really can't say enough nice things about them. I have worked for them also as a judge and a ref and I have become very good friends with the owner and management over there. Also my company does a lot of banners and graphics for them. The owner has a large MMA gym here in town that I trained at every once in a while as well. The fight community is a tight nit group of guys and if you can fight well or you are a good sport or you are an a** people find out.

Thanks for the kind words guys.

Bulldog, you are one bad dude!!!!!! Congrats on your Hall of Fame induction!!!!! Sorry to hear about your condition and having to retire. Hope that the doctors can take care of your heart problems. Will be be praying for you and the doctors. Now get busy fishin!!!!!!! Scott Woody