Gotta love an old cardboard box from the attic!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arkansasnative

Reaction score
Went to my grandpa's house the other day and was helping him clean some stuff out. He used to be a lure tester for a few major lure companies and fished countless tournaments in his younger years. We were up in his attic throwing old boxes of junk away when we came to this certain box that he said was "full of old fishing junk... just trash it". i peeked in and saw a few old worn out plano tackle boxes so i decided to put it to the side and take it home. today i started going thru the old box to find a plastic bag full of old soft plastics and 7 clear tackle storage boxes of cranks, topwaters, and a couple of spinnerbaits! I ended up keeping 15 cranks (one older rapala rattl'n rap still in the box... price tag said 2.50! lol) mostly bagleys and rapalas, 4 spinnerbaits, had to rebag 5 unopened bags of culprit 7.5" original worms, a bag of floating lizards, some zoom chunks and a bag of zoom trick worms to use and still have 7 plano boxes and quite a few older lures to practice repainting and designing my own lure color combos! Also ended up scoring a thompson center muzzleloader with a frozen slug in the barrel! Today was a good day... now on to the pictures!

081.jpg

083.jpg

085.jpg

086.jpg

087.jpg

089.jpg

090.jpg

... in that last pic that orange and black topwater lure is called a wood chopper and that thing is huge! may just pull it back out cuz its just cool!

I see the smoo!

I remember Orlando Wilson (famed Atlantan who had his own fishing show for years) fishing the smoo back in the day. I bought a couple after watching him, and didn't have the gear to real the thing in. It has a viscious wobble, and was bought during my pre baitcaster career.

Pretty sure I still have them.

We used to hammer the bass on those Riverside Floating Air Lizards. We would fish the lizards, worms, and french fries on a Carolina rig over a rock pile in 12 feet of water, I wish they were still being made.

I just remembered that Riverside also made an Air Craw. The pinchers were oversized and floated; they were a great plastic for fishing the pig and jig.

Very Sweet!!!!!!!!! Those lures ought to catch you a bunch of fish. With a little work, you should be able to get that slug out of that T/C.

Brine: I remember watching his show when i was a little kid! i never knew of him using this bait (not saying he didnt... i was just too young to remember!) but i can see where it would have some crazy action!

l/swoody: I plan on trying to get it out... i probably wont ever shoot it because the wood around the barrel above the trigger is split pretty bad. just got a lathe tho so a custom stock may be in the cards as a future project!

devilmutt: I've always looked for floating lizards and craws but never had much luck... i can't wait to chunk these things!

arkansasnative said:
Brine: I remember watching his show when i was a little kid! i never knew of him using this bait (not saying he didnt... i was just too young to remember!) but i can see where it would have some crazy action!

l/swoody: I plan on trying to get it out... i probably wont ever shoot it because the wood around the barrel above the trigger is split pretty bad. just got a lathe tho so a custom stock may be in the cards as a future project!

devilmutt: I've always looked for floating lizards and craws but never had much luck... i can't wait to chunk these things!

thompson has a life time warenteecll the co. and have it fixed

I have quite a few of those cranks in my box...still use most of 'em too. I can personally vouch that they still catch fish! Very nice score, good luck!

Latest posts