Weather Men

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pruitt1222

Reaction score
Been calling for a dusting to 3 tenths of a inch. Its 2am and "we" are still in the middle of the heavy snow fall area. Good news though, I will get to sled with the daughter tomorrow since I am off. On another note, I wish I got paid to do my job with out doing it. Thats it, Rant over.

Attachments

• IMGP0420 (Large).JPG
    IMGP0420 (Large).JPG
    42.9 KB · Views: 399
LOL, man that is awful. They told us here in Cold Atlanta that we may see flurries which is code for "we have no idea but their could be snow on ground in morning." Hope ya'll keep it all up there in the bluegrass state!

Glad to see you found that missing can of beer...good thing you marked it with the yard stick. Up here in MN, they have to put 4' tall metal rods on the fire plugs so they can find them after the snow plow goes through.

Up here in MN, they have to put 4' tall metal rods on the fire plugs so they can find them after the snow plow goes through.

I just saw that in DC a couple days ago when I was there. I couldn't figure out what the red and white rod was for. (but I figured it out). Kind of sucks....you're place is on fire, the fire department is there, but they can't put out the fire until they locate and dig out the fire hydrant. THAT sucks!

We are getting anywhere from 1" to 12". The weathermen around here are all over the place on this one. I was surprised when I got up and there was a mixture on the ground this morning.

fender66 said:
Up here in MN, they have to put 4' tall metal rods on the fire plugs so they can find them after the snow plow goes through.

I just saw that in DC a couple days ago when I was there. I couldn't figure out what the red and white rod was for. (but I figured it out). Kind of sucks....you're place is on fire, the fire department is there, but they can't put out the fire until they locate and dig out the fire hydrant. THAT sucks!

I'm not sure I'm right about this, but the homeowners who's berm the hydrant is on may be responsible to keep it cleared of snow. Maybe it's just the smart ones who do it on their own initiative rather than have their house burn down. I have seen the fire dept. out clearing them as well so maybe it's a joint effort.

Latest posts