Costa Del Mar issues

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arkansasnative

Reaction score
I bought a pair of CDM Man-o-war's with green 580 lenses last spring only to shatter a lens after they fell off my head onto concrete last labor day. Finally, 3 weeks ago, i sent them into CDM for repair. Shipping to the was $10 bucks but after hearing about their great customer service on here and hearing that sometimes people got a good deal on replacement lenses i had high hopes. Well, about a week and a half later i got an email saying that the repair cost was (drum roll please!) $120 bucks plus $9 shipping (they replace both lenses when one breaks)! :shock: I expected id have to pay anyway but i only paid like $165 for them new (gotta love ebay!). I wanted my glasses back and ya gotta pay to play so i paid them the money. Well here we are a week and a half later and i get them back... and they have 2 brand new shiny lenses! Started looking them over closely only to find that they replaced my shattered lens with another that has a "bubble" inside the glass. I wasn't about to just let it slide after the amount i paid and the time i waited, not to mention that its a weak point that will only add to the fragility. So i called them up and was asked a few questions (was the box damaged, personal info, etc) and they're emailing me a prepaid ups delivery label. So now i'm still without my glasses and i'm going to have to wait at least another 3 weeks... great :roll:

Sorry... just really needed to vent that lol.

For the money you have in those....you'll have to put those on the shelf so you can protect them forever. Wow..sorry to hear this.

That Stinks....I've been eying up the Wave 580's for a while now.....just can't seem to bite the bullet and buy them. Now I'm thinking I might not get them. I have an older pair of 400's, about 6 years old, that I use all the time and are still in perfect condition....I love them.

well im still getting the run around... my tracking number said they were delivered last thursday and i never received an email so i called them today. Turns out that it takes them 5 days from the acceptance of the delivery for my package to make it to the repair center. Now they tell me that in about 7 to 10 days they have to refund me my money and when i see the refund it is my responsibility to call them back and pay them back the refund! THEN THEY CAN START TO REPAIR THEM!!! :twisted: i swear i hope these glasses are perfect and never break again... if they do theyll prolly end up in the trash or member karma section!

I believe the repair center is in the same building in daytona beach! At work I can ship a package to canada in less time than it takes them to move it around their building!

Latest posts