They are calling for 12"-18" of snow by Wednesday morning.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The weathermen in Oklahoma City are freaking out. :mrgreen:
They are only projecting half that much.

Up in Enid they say we might get 10". I am excited.

Up to 1.5" of ice and 8-18" of snow the last I heard. Ice storms are really good for my tree trimming and removal company!!! :LOL2: BRING ON THE ICE!!!! =D>

bulldog said:
Up to 1.5" of ice and 8-18" of snow the last I heard. Ice storms are really good for my tree trimming and removal company!!! :LOL2: BRING ON THE ICE!!!! =D>

Okay Bulldog.....I'm blaming you for all my downed limbs and trees if it happens. :mrgreen:

down trees = down power lines and no lights.. with the wide spread ice they are calling for your lights may be out for a few days
I would rather have snow than ice..

redbug said:
down trees = down power lines and no lights.. with the wide spread ice they are calling for your lights may be out for a few days

I'd rather have SPRING than snow or ice!

redbug said:

It's true. We went though that here a few years ago. A lot of people were out over a week.
I don't think I'll need them but I have my generator and Stihl ready to go.

BTW if you go shopping for a generator I recommend a Kill a Watt meter first.
I was told that I need at least 3,5, or 6 thousand watts to run a furnace by various salesmen.
A $20 meter told me mine only uses 470w starting and under 400w running.
My little 1000w generator runs it great and I can carry it in one hand.

I bought a 4000w generator 2 years ago when we had a big June storm here. I had never been out of power for more than a few hours in 10 years here. I kept telling my wife that we didn't need a generator. Well after day 4, I was ready and bought one at a highly inflated price (supply and demand). I got it home, put the oil and gas in, ran my extension cords, got everything plugged in. It ran great for 4 hours and the power came back on. I think it now has about 8 hours on it from my starting and testing it every few months. It is big enough to run a couple of heaters, TV, fridge and lights without any problems. It looks like I might need it again.

Last summer my dad bought a 14K whole house generator. He is still waiting/hoping to use it.

We just went through the snow and ice again.Are seasonal total for snow so far this season is upto 149".I'm really ready for spring and fishing.

Oldgeek said:
I bought a 4000w generator 2 years ago when we had a big June storm here. I had never been out of power for more than a few hours in 10 years here. I kept telling my wife that we didn't need a generator. Well after day 4, I was ready and bought one at a highly inflated price (supply and demand). I got it home, put the oil and gas in, ran my extension cords, got everything plugged in. It ran great for 4 hours and the power came back on. I think it now has about 8 hours on it from my starting and testing it every few months. It is big enough to run a couple of heaters, TV, fridge and lights without any problems. It looks like I might need it again.
I remember that storm... they had 105 mph winds at the airport. My cabin was without power for almost 2 months very low priority they got the power back on 2 days before we got there on vacation.

We had an ice storm here this week that knocked the power out for over 200k customers. at one point we had over 700 wire down calls the snow and ice made for some very long days I am also ready for spring. then my vacation out in Marion in early June

2 years ago we had a HUGE ice storm... my house which is on the outskirts of the city was out of power for 9 days (no generator) but my grandma that lives out in the sticks was without power for about 3 and a half weeks! There's still TONS of downed limbs and limbs stuck in trees all over town. Alot of the trees people just climbed up and chopped the upper 1/3 of the tree off so we also have a bunch of stumpy trees!

I think ya'll are a bit more qualified/used to this kind of weather up north but good luck anyway!

Latest posts