I want to get this off my chest.....

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bulldog

Reaction score
When I came to this site I had ZERO intentions of being a sponsor or sell you guys anything. I simply came here wanting to learn about modding boats and put in my two cents. Getting any business from the members was the last thing on my mind. I then started becoming an active member and realized how awesome everyone is on this site. I happened to click on the "sponsor" page and saw that it is only $20 a month to become a sponsor so I joined in with the intentions of this: you guys are going to need graphics, boat numbers, wraps, ect. at some point. I know that my company does a kick *** job and I know that I will personally be the one dealing with everyone so I know you will get a fair price and great service, period.

I guess my point in all of this is that I joined as a member and now I am a sponsor but I am not a sponsor to make money off you all, I am a sponsor because I believe in the comradery and the family atmosphere of tinboats.net and I don't want to see you guys getting ripped off. Nothing makes me more angry than some new member coming in and in their first post has a web site or a product they are trying to sell.

Thanks for your time fellas.

John aka bulldog

Important note here: I am posting this completely unprovoked. No one said anything to me or anything like that I just wanted you all to know where I was coming from.

Good stuff Bulldog! I feel the same way - just trying to support the site (well, that and get use of the private jet reserved for sponsors, that baby is sweeeeet!)

bulldog said:
I am a sponsor because I believe in the comradery and the family atmosphere of tinboats.net and I don't want to see you guys getting ripped off. Nothing makes me more angry than some new member coming in and in their first post has a web site or a product they are trying to sell.

Jim wouldn't just let anybody be a sponsor on here (THANKS BIG TIME JIM!!)... but I think tinboats.net members are some of the most loyal customers a sponsor can get. I know I have used quite a few of the sponsors in the past many times, and when you have a product that I need - you are the first person I contact.

I think one of the biggest things that helps you out more than anything is that you post on topics not just about you and your business - you are one of us... I don't know about the other guys, but I can tell a lot about a person by the way they write and what they say - No BS gets business from me.

I think one of the biggest things that helps you out more than anything is that you post on topics not just about you and your business - you are one of us...

Couldn't have said it better myself, and since we are neighbors...we should get together sometime just to say hello.

Captain Ahab said:
Good stuff Bulldog! I feel the same way - just trying to support the site (well, that and get use of the private jet reserved for sponsors, that baby is sweeeeet!)

And why wasent I informed about said jet? The only thing mentioned to me when I signed-up was a reduced rental rate on the corporate Geo Metro!

fender66 said:
I think one of the biggest things that helps you out more than anything is that you post on topics not just about you and your business - you are one of us...

Couldn't have said it better myself, and since we are neighbors...we should get together sometime just to say hello.

Yep, couldn't agree more. And like Russ said, I try to remember what services the sponsors here provide so you guys are the first place I go when I need something.

BassAddict said:
Captain Ahab said:

And why wasent I informed about said jet? The only thing mentioned to me when I signed-up was a reduced rental rate on the corporate Geo Metro!

Ahab does chauffeur you around in the Fish van no?

Jim said:

Your right Dave and the fish van is SOOOOOO much better than a few adult beverages while aboard the private jet! What was I thinking............................................................ :evil: (I hope you can sense the sarcasm cause im laying it on pretty thick!!!!!!!!!!!!!) :lol: :lol:

BassAddict said:
Jim said:

Your right Dave and the fish van is SOOOOOO much better than a few adult beverages while aboard the private jet! What was I thinking............................................................ :evil: (I hope you can sense the sarcasm cause im laying it on pretty thick!!!!!!!!!!!!!) :lol: :lol:

Hey - I gave you a Pepsi Max and let you watch me drink a few Rockstars - they are both very adult beverages

next time i might even let you sit up front - nahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I am a registered member on more forums than I care to admit from boats to automotive and photography. This is by far the best as far as no bickering, no arguing and everybody that posts is here to help or learn or just generally have a good time with their buddies that maybe they haven't actually met , YET.

Bulldog you have not once, best I can tell, come across as somebody on here just trying to hock their stuff. Dude you jumped right in with a boat remodel in your first month. LOL Does anyone else notice that most of the sponsors on this site actually give back? One of them is constantly giving something away.

Jim has to get a lot of credit for running such a tight ship. =D>

Latest posts