Saying Hi to Everyone!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OldRiverHarleyMan

Reaction score
Howdy from Old River, Tx. I've been lurkin' in the shadows for a couple weeks now...finally decided to register. Im really impressed with some of the ideas I've read, even more, the mods Ive seen.....yall keep em coming!

Living this close to Galveston / Trinity Bays, I fish both fresh and salt water. I'll be in the market for a boat in the near future....one that I can put in the Trinity River oxbows, run the salt water marsh for bass and reds, and possibly big enough to take to Sam Rayburn / Toledo Bend. A multi-purpose boat if you will. With the ideas I have, and with the ideas I feel CERTAIN will come from here....I see this coming together soon. I have a boat one of my co-workers might be selling in mind...thinking it's 16' with a 48 Evinrude. Then again, I might buy a new G3 jon, and go from there.

Time will tell (as will the annual bonus due next month)...lol.

Welcome to the family. Hope you find the perfect boat with "bonus money" left over for fishing gear or supplies to mod your boat!

Welcome aboard!! If that bonus check is too much for you to handle I'll gladly take a gift certificate to Bass Pro!! :LOL2:

Welcome to the family.

May I be the first to make a suggestion.You stated you would be going to Rayburn and Toledo Bend.I have a 17'4" Alumacraft and fish Lake of the Ozarks,Mo and Ky Lake often.Sometimes,I feel my rig is on the verge of being TOO small for those waters.Might I suggest a min. of an 1856,mine is a 1756 model and if it were any smaller I wouldn't be comfortable.I've been on TableRock And Lake of the Ozarks in a 14ft semi-v.Sometimes it got downright scary out there.The bigger it is the safer it is.That's my two cents,take it for what it's worth.Again,welcome to the club. There's a ton of info to digest here.

Steve

Hey -- welcome aboard....these guys are the best. There is alwasy someone willing to give some advice or a word of encouragement. Plus it is the best support for a fishing addiction. :D

Latest posts