Tackle purchase poll!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Would you pay $100 to save 20% for one year?

• Yes! I make enough purchases to quickly cover the $100

Votes: 16 32.0%
  • No! I don't buy enough to warrant it.

Votes: 23 46.0%
  • No! I make 1-2 purchases per year so i can wait for sales.

Votes: 11 22.0%

• Total voters
Jim said:
russ010 said:
Waterwings said:
I don't recall buying any fishing-related items last year.

I wish I could say that....

same here....and I already know what i need ASAP. :LOL2:

Me too.... but I'm cutting back and making myself use all the crap I've bought in the past... this may be a long year

I say no, it kind of reminds me of the 'buy 12 cds a year' deals which always caused me to buy cds that i never needed/wanted! Id rather nickle and dime myself all year for something I really need and save my bigger purchases for when I see a good sale

I said yes, but it depends on the tackle offered in the deal. I wouldn't sign up to buy a bunch of no-name stuff that I wouldn't buy nromally. There would also have to be a large selection of stuff to choose from.

BaitCaster said:
I said yes, but it depends on the tackle offered in the deal. I wouldn't sign up to buy a bunch of no-name stuff that I wouldn't buy nromally. There would also have to be a large selection of stuff to choose from.

Exactly! I'm talking about TackleWarehouse, The Hook up tackle, Fishfreakonline.......sites like that.

Jim said:
Looking for a deal on Dobyns rods. 8)

I need a new swimbait setup.

Basstackledepot.com has got 20% off everything

https://www.basstackledepot.com/rods.aspx

I voted no. I am very impatient so if I want/need something, I go buy it (cash flow permitting). Plus, it would probably come down to the end of the year and I would feel like I have to get my moneys worth. Then you end up just buying a bunch of stuff you don't need/want.

I voted no, but not for the reason tagged to my selection. I certainly buy enough to warrant it, or at least I did last year. Last year, that would have been a good offer for me. Now, I have more than I can possibly use bait-wise. I do want to score a couple more baitcasters this year, but I'm waiting for the sale prices to come in. Not something I need, but something I want...so I'm trying real hard to be patient. Most of my purchases did come from Tackle Warehouse though....although several came from TB and Wired2Fish sponsors. (JD Baits, Get 5, Attraxx, etc.)

I'm really hoping that I can call it quits on bait purchases this year. Always WANT more...but need to use what I have first.

Mine was NO, I don't buy enough to warrant it, now 4 years ago I would have said yes but, now I make alot of my own stuff so i don't hit the bait store much at all.

100 dollars worth of stringe tho :wink: now you can never have enough stringe #-o

BaitCaster said:
Waterwings said:
I don't recall buying any fishing-related items last year.

You must be joking!!

Nope, not joking, lol. I fished maybe one time last year at my brother-in-law's pond, got snagged, cut the line, and haven't fished since. My boat didn't even see the water last year, and has been in the garage since Oct-Nov of 2009. Sad state of affairs, lol. Hopefully will makeup for lost time this year. :)

I have a bass pro shops reward visa. I save up the points for a year and then go every year for the classic and cash it in. That usually tides me over, and truthfully I have so much crap I don't need to buy any tackle at all. This year I'll be spending the rewards cash on a new humminbird gps graph.

Man, you guys have way more self control with buying tackle than I do. I always buy in $50 or $100 amounts so I get free shipping. No telling how many times I've bought $10 more worth of jigs or something just to save $6 in shipping.

Latest posts