St. Louis Boat and Sports Show Report UPDATED

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fender66

Reaction score
Yesterday, my daughter and I attended the St. Louis Boat and Sports Show. It's been years since I've been to one of these, so I really didn't know what to expect. I was hoping to find those really cool inventions by bored guys while in their mancaves. I found quite a few that I thought were kind of cool, but not practical for my use. However....I did find one that did warrant my money. This is a product that mounts (using the existing screws) under your seat. Many different options. I bought the cupholder/tackle tray version. These are all aluminum and powder coated. Can't wait to try it out.

Here is their website: https://www.spiderkingrodholders.com/index.php

I also found a USA rod company that I've never hear of: https://www.razrrods.com/index.htm
I've NEVER felt a more sensitive rod. Their demo was very simple. From the end of each rod, was a 8 in piece of fishing line tied to the last eyelet of the rod. When you hold the rod, the guy would gently flick the line with his finger. When he did this, I would feel a "thump" in my hands. I tried this with all my rods at home and had to really flick hard to feel anything, and was ONLY detectable with my Vendetta rods. They all had an unconditional lifetime warrenty and ran about $145 (show price). My daughter and I both wanted a few, but no dice yesterday.

(Side note: I am NOT a associated with any of the companies that I mention)

Lastly, we both got to meet this guy. (which was really kind of cool too) This is Russell Newberry. He's the deck boss on the Time Bandit, but rumors have it that he's moving to the Wizard. I'm not current on what is really happening and I didn't ask. We just talked about the fishing/crabbing and weather conditions.

Deadliest Catch.jpg

Overall....we had a great time. There was a lot to see and we got out of there without spending very much at all. Except for the $7.75 it cost for a bottle of soda and water. OUCH!

Sounds like you and your daughter had a good time. Their is a fishing and hunting expo in Pennsylvania this coming weekend That I wanted to go to but I will be in Baltimore MD. At least the hotel that we am staying at is about a mile from Bass Pro Shops, and this wednesday is my birthday, and I have a few hundred dollars in BPS giftcards from christmas, sooo I have convinced the wife to let me spend a few hours there :D . It also helped that BPS is connected to a huge mall with outlet stores so the wife was happy to hear that :LOL2: