SNOW SNOW SNOW

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pbw

Reaction score
DSC_00061695resize%7E0.JPG

Up to three/four inches now. :shock:

:shock: We were in Louisville Saturday and Sunday. I know it was cold and windy there yesterday. Whew, that looks nasty.

All we have right now is more freezing rain/sleet. Every county around us has canceled school tomorrow....except ours. They'll wait until the last minute tomorrow morning :roll:

Waterwings said:
:shock: We were in Louisville Saturday and Sunday. I know it was cold and windy there yesterday. Whew, that looks nasty.

All we have right now is more freezing rain/sleet. Every county around us has canceled school tomorrow....except ours. They'll wait until the last minute tomorrow morning :roll:

Took me three hours to get home from work! 11 miles!

pbw said:
Waterwings said:

I believe it. That traffic there is bad enough without bad weather adding to the misery. You don't travel the Gene "Slider" Freeway do you?

Waterwings said:
pbw said:
Waterwings said:

I believe it. That traffic there is bad enough without bad weather adding to the misery. You don't travel the Gene "Slider" Freeway do you?

Depends I only take the Slider unless the back streets are locked.

Finally some snow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Took the kids out sledding will post some pics in the morning. Waterwings I hear ya.... every school is out in and around Louisville except for the one I teach at.. ugh!

Well, the weather pattern is that we get your weather about 10-24 hours later. I am ready - snow blower is gassed up and boat is strapped down :oops:

alumacraftjoe said:
Finally some snow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Took the kids out sledding will post some pics in the morning. Waterwings I hear ya.... every school is out in and around Louisville except for the one I teach at.. ugh!

Joe, our county just made the decision to cancel school around 0520 this morning. Other counties around us made their decision last night. That's good the kids got to go sledding :) . I used to enjoy that when younger, but hate getting out in it now. Joe, your boats missing! :)

Paul, I have some fond memories of spinning in circles in my old Ford Ranger crossing an overpass on the good old Gene "Slider" a few years ago :shock:

Esquired, you guys are more prepared for this kinda weather than we are. What's a snow blower, lol? Good to hear the boat is strapped-down :)

WaterWings - My first winter in Louisville I was in School with others from all over the country. Louisvilel had a massive winter stornm rool in and the town was shut down for a week - heck, the local bar ran out of beer:shock:

Many of my classmates had never seen snow or winter conditions before - the best moment was when a girl from Sunny Southern California decided to de-ice her car windows with hot water (Do not do this!!!!)

esquired said:
WaterWings - My first winter in Louisville I was in School with others from all over the country. Louisvilel had a massive winter stornm rool in and the town was shut down for a week - heck, the local bar ran out of beer:shock:

Many of my classmates had never seen snow or winter conditions before - the best moment was when a girl from Sunny Southern California decided to de-ice her car windows with hot water (Do not do this!!!!)

Oh yeah, I recall a storm that shut Louisville down. I missed work for a week because of that. Concur, don't do the hot water thing :shock: . When I was stationed in Philly, I saw a snow blower in action......cool! :)

The head of our school finally decided to close at 4:00am. :D Glad I got the kids out last night as we have had about 3/4 of an inch of freezing rain so everything is now pure ice on top of 5inches of snow. Louisville does a much better job clearing everything now since UPS threatened to leave after the city was shut down. They have put a ton of money into snow removal.

esquired said:
and boat is strapped down :oops:

nice!

We've had a total of 42" this winter, that's way more than normal and we're gettin' some right now. Once it melts it will be good for the streams, rivers, lakes, and ponds though.

Well, we finally ventured out of the house today around 3pm once the ice started turning to slush. That went well, until we got home. While we were out everything (including my driveway) started icing over again. I made it into the driveway, kinda, but the truck ain't sitting real straight. Front end is pointing towards the neighbors house, with front wheels sunk in about a foot of mud (I rutted it in using 4-wheel drive :roll: ), and the rear wheels are kinda on the driveway but near the deep ditch. Gonna have to get someone in here to jerk me out of the ruts tomorrow. Spitting snow a little now! :x

Latest posts