rodent proofing stored boat

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
448025422_074e1afcc6_z.jpg

wild-virginia-snake-swallows-three-mall-25451

if you don't have kids and pets running around the storage area, or play in the boat, etc., put some of the packaged mouse killer/bait bags in the boat. Have used it in the garage where I store my boat for several years (have a 10 acre pasture behind the shed) and no evidence so far. No damage from the little critters either.

Thanks to everyone for your ideas. The one problem I'm up against is the boat is stored on my buddy's farm in the off-season. I'd really hate to poison one of his animals if it was to eat a mouse that I had poisoned. I was hoping to not have to turn the boat over, as most of the time when I'm dropping it off I'm either by myself or plan to use it again soon. I like the moth ball idea, but do I need to cover the boat to keep the odor in? Also I came across a product called Fresh Cab, some sort of scent mice and rats don't like. Probably would have to cover that for it to work.

Latest posts