just because

Talk about anything that floats your boat (no pun intended). This is general talk about anything not related to boating/fishing.
User avatar
bcbouy
Posts: 1369
Joined: 03 Jan 2011, 12:29
Location: british columbia canada

just because

Post by bcbouy » 20 Feb 2011, 19:55

so i'm in the garage all day waterproofing the plywood before i carpet the boat. the wife comes in and asks me why i would spend $2500 on a brand new boat,[that she thinks is too big ? ]then start decking,seating and spending all kinds of money when i still havent even taken it out on the water yet.i tried to explain how much better its going to be for the both of us.she still thinks i'm a total idoit.i'm beginning to think she may be right. .she also asked when i plan to buy a new,bigger motor, "because i know you" i better get this boat finished soon.
if all else fails....stop using all else

RazorBaits
User avatar
crazymanme2
Moderator
Posts: 1728
Joined: 26 May 2009, 05:47
Location: West Olive Mich

just because

Post by crazymanme2 » 20 Feb 2011, 20:34

Tell her that your boat is like a new house.The boat is only the outside structure & you have to finish off the interior to make it comfortable & fishable :lol:
Craig
Be Who You Are
And Say What You Feel
Because Those That Mind ....Don't Matter
And Those Who Matter....Don't Mind

User avatar
fender66
Moderator
Posts: 6486
Joined: 12 Apr 2010, 17:25
Location: Fenton, Missouri
Contact:

just because

Post by fender66 » 20 Feb 2011, 21:20

Some things will never change. I have one too. A "wife", that is. :mrgreen:
Peace,

Chris/Fender66´¯`●.¸.¸¸.●´¯`●.¸><((((º>
Every day should be Fender Day!

Image
2011 TinBoats/BYOB Labor Day Tournament Champion :wink:

User avatar
screwballl
Posts: 187
Joined: 09 Feb 2011, 11:33
Location: NW FL

just because

Post by screwballl » 20 Feb 2011, 22:48

My wife is like that too... unfortunately my budget (and what she allows me of the budget) will limit me getting a deck built until later this summer. She had a hard enough time letting me spend $700 for what I got now ($400 for boat+trailer, $100 for battery and motor, $100 for all the title, fees, registration and tags, and most of the rest for odds and ends like tail lights).

User avatar
bcbouy
Posts: 1369
Joined: 03 Jan 2011, 12:29
Location: british columbia canada

just because

Post by bcbouy » 21 Feb 2011, 01:35

yeah,she's odd.i had my boat sitting on top of a utility trailer in the garage.the kid built it for a school shop project a couple years ago.its never been used because i have an f150,anyway,every time i work on the boat i put her car on the street for days at a time and put the boat in her spot so i can actually get in it. she got so sick of scraping ice off her windows,she demanded i get rid of the trailer and go buy a proper boat trailer so she can have her spot back. i swear,i never know what direction she is coming from. she lives to bust my balls :LOL2:
if all else fails....stop using all else

User avatar
Crankworm
Posts: 225
Joined: 18 Aug 2009, 16:42
Location: MI

just because

Post by Crankworm » 21 Feb 2011, 08:59

If all else fails set the boat projects aside and take her fishing or just a scenic cruise and when she comments on how uncomfortable the bench seats are explain how your plan includes nice padded seats with tall backs for her to rest her tushie on. Maybe even discuss some changes for her like a spot to lay out in the sun

User avatar
Captain Ahab
Posts: 10606
Joined: 13 Dec 2006, 00:13
Location: Bucks Co., PA
Contact:

just because

Post by Captain Ahab » 21 Feb 2011, 09:03

You know there are lots of "potential wives" out there but only one boat for you!
Trying to Fish as often as Jim works :LOL2:

User avatar
bcbouy
Posts: 1369
Joined: 03 Jan 2011, 12:29
Location: british columbia canada

just because

Post by bcbouy » 21 Feb 2011, 20:01

Crankworm wrote:If all else fails set the boat projects aside and take her fishing or just a scenic cruise and when she comments on how uncomfortable the bench seats are explain how your plan includes nice padded seats with tall backs for her to rest her tushie on. Maybe even discuss some changes for her like a spot to lay out in the sun
funny you should say that.i asked her what she thought of a seat mount up in the bow and she said" sure,as long as i can still lay on the deck".i think i will wait a while till i bring up new seats. the old ones are still good,just the wrong color.(she wuold never sit on just the bench) if i know her at all, she will mention it... she's already seen me looking at highbacks.
if all else fails....stop using all else

User avatar
georgiaken
Posts: 77
Joined: 09 Jan 2011, 22:44
Location: Philadelphia, PA

just because

Post by georgiaken » 21 Feb 2011, 20:21

You know, I asked for a budget and asked my wife to mind her own hobbies and it worked out fine.

Plain and simple...fishing and boating related to fishing are the only things I spend money on...period.

I don't spend on vacations (unless fishing is involved), I don't spend on restaurants, bars, electronics...really, nothing but fishing and boating related to fishing.

I basically told her that if I didn't "deserve" to have something that simple, then maybe we should pay someone to do all of the extra crap I do around here to save us money so I can enjoy fishing.


You know...the plumbing, wiring, carpentry, working on her car etc...

When I added up how much money I saved the house in 6 months alone, I had covered "my boat budget. That pretty much ended that conversation...

I really liked the whole "interior" thing...I mean, when you buy a house, they always have a "decoration budget" HAHAHAHA
Ranger Cherokee 116 - 90/65 Merc

lswoody
Posts: 1238
Joined: 22 May 2008, 21:02
Location: Roanoke, Alabama

just because

Post by lswoody » 21 Feb 2011, 20:30

bcbouy, it is time you stood up for yourself and take control of your house hold!!!!! Let your wife know that you are "The Man" and what you say goes. Then tell her "that is, if that's okay with you, baby". LOL!!!!! That's the way I do it. LOL!!!!!!

User avatar
shamoo
Posts: 3468
Joined: 24 Oct 2007, 08:46
Location: Atco, NJ

just because

Post by shamoo » 22 Feb 2011, 12:43

bcbouy wrote: .she also asked when i plan to buy a new,bigger motor, "because i know you" i better get this boat finished soon.
What she really means is "Honey go get your motor now" :mrgreen:
Club Soda-Not Seals

User avatar
bAcKpAiN
Posts: 1000
Joined: 01 Jan 2008, 17:30
Location: Phila, PA
Contact:

just because

Post by bAcKpAiN » 22 Feb 2011, 16:42

shamoo wrote:
bcbouy wrote: .she also asked when i plan to buy a new,bigger motor, "because i know you" i better get this boat finished soon.
What she really means is "Honey go get your motor now" :mrgreen:

That is what I thought she was saying too!

User avatar
bcbouy
Posts: 1369
Joined: 03 Jan 2011, 12:29
Location: british columbia canada

just because

Post by bcbouy » 22 Feb 2011, 17:15

she is actually a really good sport.she just likes to bust my balls.i quit smoking two years ago,and then bought a boat.she still smokes,so she doesn't make too much noise,plus she loves to fish,and we have a really good rivalry going.i'd bet a weeks pay that she has a cabin rented for the may long weekend, so we can take a fishing trip.
if all else fails....stop using all else

User avatar
georgiaken
Posts: 77
Joined: 09 Jan 2011, 22:44
Location: Philadelphia, PA

just because

Post by georgiaken » 22 Feb 2011, 21:10

bcbouy wrote:she is actually a really good sport.she just likes to bust my balls.i quit smoking two years ago,and then bought a boat.she still smokes,so she doesn't make too much noise,plus she loves to fish,and we have a really good rivalry going.i'd bet a weeks pay that she has a cabin rented for the may long weekend, so we can take a fishing trip.
Man, that's really cool!

My wife will go fishing with me...to sit on the back of the boat and read a book :)

I'm just happy she'll get up at 3AM and drive an hour to the lake :)
Ranger Cherokee 116 - 90/65 Merc

User avatar
Deadmeat
Posts: 440
Joined: 04 Aug 2008, 17:33
Location: Knoxville, TN

just because

Post by Deadmeat » 24 Feb 2011, 08:40

You have to cut 'em some slack. They just don't understand. My wife asked me years ago, "Why do you want another gun? You've already got one!"

Post Reply