Tinboats Tournament June 25th-RESULTS post #219 (pg15)

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wasilvers

Reaction score
The second annual WI/IL Tinboats.net group tournament is scheduled for JUNE 25, 2011 at Waubesa Lake (in the Madison Chain of lakes), just south of Madison, WI. Should be good fishing with a great group! Every tinboats member is welcomed to participate, you don't have to be from WI or IL There is plenty of camping available for anyone who wants to get there early or stay later. I’ll be arriving Friday morning with the family and staying till Sunday. The park details can be found here looks like great hiking, camping, and FISHING... (https://www.countyofdane.com/lwrd/parks/lake_farm.aspx/)

Confirmed Entry as of 6/23:

:roll: - bassboy17
:cry: - FishyItch
:LOL2: - wasilvers
:cry: - BYOB Fishing
:cry: - Outdoorsman
:LOL2: - Popeye
:LOL2: - trrads
:LOL2: - Hanr3
:LOL2: - TruckHuntFish

Maybe Interested:

:roll: - VBottom2283
:cry: - S&MFISH
:roll: - trophybass13
:cry: - rich99

Format – This tournament/get together will have something for everyone. Fishing starts at 6:00am and runs till 3:30pm. After the fishing tournament, we will hold a well deserved fish fry for anyone who wants to stay. Entry fee is only $20 per boat- payouts are 100%! Doorprizes are guaranteed! There are 2 divisions – Bass and Pan fish. Entry to the tournament automatically enters you in both categories.

• Bass – The bass portion is goint to weigh the top 3 bass only. To win ‘BIG BASS’, your biggest catch must be brought to the weigh in to be weighed, recorded, and released by a tournament official (me). I expected a lot of lunkers for the pictures!
  • Pan fish – The pan fish portion of the tournament will be decided by the total weight of 5 (yes only five) pan fish. They must be brought to the weigh in alive and healthy where they will be weighed, recorded, and released (or kept for the fish fry). We might have a close race with just 5 to weigh! Pan fish will only count if it is a crappie, bluegill, sunfish, or pumpkinseed.

Camping/Hotels – Camping reservations (just $25 for a spot with electric) are open and can be made online at the link above. I have reserved site #16. Available for that weekend are #'s 14,15,18,28,29 - all in close proximity to each other (good for keeping an eye on gear) and are electric sites with campfires allowed (some tent sites don't allow campfires).
I know not everyone enjoys camping out so if you want to stay in a hotel, just google Madison, WI hotels and you should be set

Maps
  • A rough lake map can be found here - https://www.danewaters.com/pdf/waubesa_acrobat.pdf
  • A google map of the area is here - doesn’t this just look like it holds a lot of fish - https://maps.google.com/maps?&ie=UTF8&hq=&gl=us&ll=43.02473,-89.312325&spn=0.02717,0.0842&t=h&z=14

Other Information -
  • To bring live fish to the weigh-in, you must have some method to keep the fish alive.
  • There is no horsepower limit on the lake.
  • There is a lake access fee of $8 a day.
  • If you’d like to come but don’t want to tow your boat, let me know and maybe we can hook you up with another tinboater for the day.

Contact Info - Contact me via private message or here to confirm entry - before the tournament I’ll send you my cell phone if you have any questions. You can register for the tournament up to the morning of, but if you are late, you might be left on the docks. Also feel free to post here if you want to let others know you’re coming.

To ensure we are not exclusive, we are opening this up to all tinboaters\family\friends who want to make the trip - as long as we stay under 19 boats, we are good to go.

Last year's winner was Matt from BYOB with this nice stringer of bass...
https://www.tinboats.net/forum/download/file.php?id=16431&mode=view/DSCF6968.JPG

Some pictures of the park
https://www.reservedane.com/images/pictures/80.jpg
https://www.reservedane.com/images/pictures/83.jpg

Some pictures of last year's gathering are in this tread...
https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=13084&hilit=wi%2Fil+tournament&start=100

As always, this is subject to change at any time, for any reason. Hope to see you there!

Will

I'm totally bummed. Last year, I couldn't make this because I had "concession duty" for my daughter's soccer tournament. This year, I'm probably free, but it's moved too far north for me. You guys have a great time and I hope to see lots of pictures. :cry:

fender66 said:
I'm totally bummed. Last year, I couldn't make this because I had "concession duty" for my daughter's soccer tournament. This year, I'm probably free, but it's moved too far north for me. You guys have a great time and I hope to see lots of pictures. :cry:

We'll be back south next year, maybe even this winter - I'm thinking of a powerplant lake to try out a 'paper & picture' tourney on when the weather turns cold.

We'll be back south next year, maybe even this winter - I'm thinking of a powerplant lake to try out a 'paper & picture' tourney on when the weather turns cold.

No hard feelings....I'm just sad it's too far for me to make. I'm sure it will be great fun.

This confuses me. (easily done btw!)

"The pan fish portion of the tournament will be decided by the total weight of 5 (yes only three) pan fish."

Decatur said:
This confuses me. (easily done btw!)

"The pan fish portion of the tournament will be decided by the total weight of 5 (yes only three) pan fish."

LOL - my bad, I copied last years post and edited it - apparently I should have proofed it better :) It's 5 panfish. You can keep up to 25 panfish (per fisherman) if you want. It will make for a better fish fry!

Will

Just added to the contest:

A sponsor's BIG bass bonus - The big bass pot will be DOUBLED if you catch the winning big bass on an sponsor's lure or bait!!

Door Prizes - Each boat will receive at least one doorprize from sponsors (maybe more).

I would like to confirm entry for this tournament. I can't wait to meet other tin boaters and check out their conversions!!

I'm definitely in on this! This will be my first tourny of any sort AND it will give me a deadline to finish my boat. My apartment is about a 10 minute drive from Waubesa, but I might have to set up camp with you guys just for the fun of it. I can't wait!!

FishyItch said:
I'm definitely in on this! This will be my first tourny of any sort AND it will give me a deadline to finish my boat. My apartment is about a 10 minute drive from Waubesa, but I might have to set up camp with you guys just for the fun of it. I can't wait!!

Awesome, how's the fishing at Waubesa? I've read some stuff, but never been there. Can you get access the entire Madison chain from that one lake?

Hmmmmm
2nd annual TB tournament.
June 25th.

Let me run it passed the activities coordinator. :mrgreen:

I want to attend, after all I do need to defend my Panfish Championship status. :LOL2:

wasilvers said:
FishyItch said:

Awesome, how's the fishing at Waubesa? I've read some stuff, but never been there. Can you get access the entire Madison chain from that one lake?

I feel kind of embarrassed to say this, but I've actually never fished Waubesa. I'm only now getting back into angling after a 5 year undergraduate hiatus. So June 25 might be my first time out on the lake just like you guys, depending on when my boat is finished. If anything I might have a 1-outing advantage if I'm lucky and I can get out on Waubesa before the 25.

And yes, all of the Madison Chain of Lakes are connected. I'm not sure how big of a boat can navigate the Yahara River (the connecting body), but I'm sure you could do it in a canoe.

I have no problem paying myself for the big bass prize. :LOL2: :LOL2:

I'll have to break out the secret lures, though...Last year's secret lure has sold like crazy since my last tourney win.

BYOB Fishing said:
I have no problem paying myself for the big bass prize. :LOL2: :LOL2:

I'll have to break out the secret lures, though...Last year's secret lure has sold like crazy since my last tourney win.

I bought 4 of them bad boys. :mrgreen:

S&MFISH said:
Will, I can't commit right now. But,can I just show up at the last minute and participate?

Yes, you don't need to commit now, but know we'd love to have you. If it comes down to the last day and you plan on coming, if you could let me know either here or via pm and I can let you know of any last minute updates, surprises, etc... And if you are late the morning of, I can wait for you and make sure you get all situated an launched.

Believe me, you don't want BYOB helping you launch your boat, he has enought trouble with his own! :LOL2: :LOL2: :LOL2:
(At the last one in IL, poor Matt was stuck on the trailer, just about lost half his car contents in the lake, and had engine trouble all day. It would have been nice of us to help out, instead we just stood around and watched. He had the last laugh by winning the bass portion of the tourney though, I don't think he got more than 1/4 mile from the ramp all day.)

wasilvers said:
Believe me, you don't want BYOB helping you launch your boat, he has enought trouble with his own! :LOL2: :LOL2: :LOL2:
(At the last one in IL, poor Matt was stuck on the trailer, just about lost half his car contents in the lake, and had engine trouble all day. It would have been nice of us to help out, instead we just stood around and watched. He had the last laugh by winning the bass portion of the tourney though, I don't think he got more than 1/4 mile from the ramp all day.)

The funny thing was, as I was driving up that morning, I was thinking to myself "I'm glad I know how to launch and load the boat OK...I'd hate to look like an idiot in front of a bunch of people I just met".... :mrgreen:

Once I got home, I checked out the motor more closely, and found a spark plug wire was off. That's why it barely started, and then ran so poorly. I'm looking forward to putting on a better ramp show this time. :LOL2: :LOL2:

See, that would be me^. I would definitely be the one looking like an idiot launching a boat. Nine times out of ten it's fine, but that tenth time is always a disaster. I wouldn't be surprised if I tried to launch my car with the boat instead of the other way around! Now you guys have got me scared. I'll have to do some practicing! :LOL2:

Latest posts