Poster Question..???

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Outdoorsman

Reaction score
I was not sure where to put this so I fugured here is good...

A while back I was lucky enough to win the poster of all the different ammo sizes and it came in the mail folded up in an envelope. When unfolded it has some major creases in the paper. I would like to frame it and hang it but I want to get the creases out first. Any ideas..????

I was thinking maybe a little water spray, put it under a soft towel, and iron it with iron on lowest heat setting...??? Has anyone here ever done this..???

I know, I know, using an iron would normally cause me to loose my man card but I am thinking I would geta pass on that seein's how it would be used on a manly poster.... :lol:

Thanks for and ideas..??

I do not want to reck the poster...

Outdoorsman

PS: I have had it layed out flat on my kitchen table for a few weeks with some heavy stuff on top but the creases are still there...

Without a doubt it will get framed and hung... to awesome not too... I just wondered if I could getthe creases out first. Might try the iron thing (on a small corner) just to see if it helps (even a little)....will let you know how it worked...

Thanks for the responce...

Outdoorsman.

Jim is right....the creases will not go away.

However....if you can find a place that will "DRY MOUNT" it to a foamcore of gator board....then it will display better. DO NOT ALLOW THEM TO SPRAY MOUNT IT as it will not be as nice and the chemicals in the spray will eat at it and cause it to fade faster. It will also not hold very long and peel up. Sidenote: I'm sure it's not printed with or on archival material, so it's going to fade either way after several years on a wall.

Dry mounting is the way to go though. There are 2 "dry mounting" methods that I'm aware of:

1. Cold Press: where the material is basically a double sided adhesive and is pressure mounted to both poster and mounting board, ie. foamcoare
2. Hot Press: where the material adheres to both poster and mounting board, but is heated to form the bond. I'm thinking this will be the better of the two because of the heat, but either will work well.

Latest posts