What I hate about Craigslist.org.....

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bassboy1

TinBoats Sponsor
Reaction score
..... is the fact that people keep posting stuff that I want, even though I am trying to fund a daggum boat project, plus 3 other motor restoration projects, and bait making projects, on a 14 year olds paycheck. :(

Anyway, here is my newest acquisition.
It is a late 40s 2.5 horse Johnson. Model number HD-25 was made from 1946, until 1950. Right after the war, Johnson started throwing out outboards. There were a lot of these, and their big brothers were the 5 horse TD-20s, like I bought the other day. This is basically a scaled down version of the 5 I just bought, so all the parts are identical, just sized different.
The previous owner said it was in an antique shop in TN for the longest time, and from the looks of it, it was leaning against the wall. Reason being, the starboard decal is in near perfect condition, and the port one is a little tired. It also lacks the dings and dents in the aluminum cover that all the rest of mine have. Anyway, here she is. I need to stop buying these things for a bit. :?
1940sHD-25001.jpg

1940sHD-25002.jpg