OK THIS IS BAD!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LonLB

Reaction score
So on a day I we can sleep in as long as the little one will let us, I'm up at 5:30 because I can't sleep, because I'm thinking about working on, and finishing my splashwell for the boat.

Haven't been like this since......Probably the last time I can remember was on my wedding day.

I'm always up earlier on the weekend. Too many fun things to do like fishing, hunting, coaching softball, etc.... :D

Weekends are like Christmas morning. Too many fun things to anticipate. Even painting the garage is better just because it's the weekend. I like to get up early too just to make the day last longer. Coffee, maybe an unwary cookie to two, sitting in the not quite dawn light listening to the news on the BBC. I learned to wake early when my son was little. The only way I could get a minute to myself was to get up early. I had to keep getting up earlier and earlier because he somehow knew I was up. Finally at 5:00 a.m. I found my time. It's still my favorite time...

The reason I couldn't sleep was because I wanted to work on my splashwell in my boat.
See my slow going build thread for pictures.

I went through a small box of rivets in NO time.....Walmart doesn't sell rivets I found. I figured I could stop there this morning since they would be open, while everything else was closed.

I was up early too this mourning waiting on the Post Office to open so I could mail my check to Fasco for my Steelflex. Can't wait for it to get here. I only hope the check get's there in time so I can get the steelflex before next weekend when I'll be up early again to paint the boat.

I usually pay the cod fee so i know i got it here in 3 days.. :) I am up early anticipating my flight from Atlanta to south Florida this evening. Be nice weather, But sure sux being from home for 8 days.

It's rough being up early, or really late, when the rest of the world is still asleep. I work shift work and often spend my morning waiting on the sun to come up so I can start making some noise. Wallyworld has a lot of stuff we need, but it's always the key items that you have to go elsewhere for.

Now if HD or Lowes was open 24hrs...we'd be worthless by noon, but our projects would move along a little easier.

Good luck and your project!

No sense worrying about the boat, it is in the pole barn 100 yards off the road, surrounded by 4 ft of snow, besides, the lakes are rather hard right now :LOL2: and finding enouch open water around here to float a boat is about impossible. besides I don't like being [-X a popcycle, infact it is 22 degrees right now and snowing to beet heck. :( wish it would warm up, I am ready to go fishing, with out freezing.

I hate getting up early. Love sleeping in....but sleeping in to me is 7:30 or maybe 8:00 if I'm lucky. I find my "quiet" time late at night. The kids and wife head off to bed by 9:30 or 10:00 and I then my time begins. I'm usually up still at 11:30 or Midnight....which, I guess is why I like to sleep in. I also like to take a lazy afternoon nap on Sundays too! Those are the best!

dougdad said:
No sense worrying about the boat, it is in the pole barn 100 yards off the road, surrounded by 4 ft of snow, besides, the lakes are rather hard right now :LOL2: and finding enouch open water around here to float a boat is about impossible. besides I don't like being [-X a popcycle, infact it is 22 degrees right now and snowing to beet heck. :( wish it would warm up, I am ready to go fishing, with out freezing.

Trust me I would love to be in this position.

The boat DONE and in the garage. Just waiting for spring to arrive. Any money spent goes towards the "cool stuff" like upgraded electronics, rods/reels, baits, etc.

Instead I'm buying paint, paint stripper, plywood, wiring, and carpet.

If you had one of my muscle relaxers you could take it around 8:00 pm or so and you would still be out till at least 10:00 am maybe even Noon!!!!!!

My normal day starts at 0500, get to work around 0615, get home around 3:30, eat dinner, turn on the computer (then fall asleep in the chair for about an hour occasionally). Late sleeping on a weekend is around 0730 for me. I like the quiet of the early mornings :)

Ain't life good? Getting sleep, up early, staying up late sometimes, excited to go fishing or working on boat, etc. Today, I just straightened out some of my tackle.

dougdad, hey man, come on down here - today was colder - only about 68º. At least up there, you get to fish ON the water sometimes!

Wife and I were in Braselton, GA. this past week and Saturday we were going to sleep in... At least until the new president of our company and a couple of his buddies decided to warm up and rev the engines on their racing Porsche 911's at 7:00am, before heading out to Road Atlanta.

fender66 said:
I hate getting up early. Love sleeping in....but sleeping in to me is 7:30 or maybe 8:00 if I'm lucky. I find my "quiet" time late at night. The kids and wife head off to bed by 9:30 or 10:00 and I then my time begins. I'm usually up still at 11:30 or Midnight....which, I guess is why I like to sleep in. I also like to take a lazy afternoon nap on Sundays too! Those are the best!

That's me right there. Now if am getting up crack of dawn for something fun, I can beat the alarm. LOL

Latest posts